M55 catback question

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So I have a question, and I'm not being a dick about it, but why did you get it polished for $1,500 if your daughter doesn't like the sound of it?
Unless I missed something? (I didn't read the thread all the way through.)

mattmynhier

Established Member
So I have a question, and I'm not being a dick about it, but why did you get it polished for $1,500 if your daughter doesn't like the sound of it?
Unless I missed something? (I didn't read the thread all the way through.)

I had all the work done (polishing included) while I had the car torn down. And I didn’t even find and purchase the catback until 1/2 way through the build.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Fair enough. Doesn’t change the fact that I went and got three different quotes and took the cheapest of the three. I have zero desire or the patience to polish them. Hence, why I paid to have it done. I would rather tear down my engine again and totally rebuild it before I would attempt to polish a catback. No thank you!

It requires boredom. I would rather build an engine on a stand as well. It's more relaxing in my opinion.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I would just swap in some Magnaflow mufflers. They have a very low exhaust sound and are already polished. They will sound off if you get into it but you wouldn't be doing that with your daughter in the car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Put your daughter up for adoption?
Tell her to wear ear plugs?

mattmynhier

Established Member
I would just swap in some Magnaflow mufflers. They have a very low exhaust sound and are already polished. They will sound off if you get into it but you wouldn't be doing that with your daughter in the car.

I already have the M58 I’m going to stick on there. I’ve had it on one of my other cobras before I switched it over to twins and it was pretty tame

mattmynhier

Established Member
How old is your daughter?

4 1/2

IMG_1840.JPG

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You really listed it for that much?
They aren’t trolling you, just being honest. I wouldn’t pay over $600 for it when I can buy new Stingers for what, like $700-800 now a days? I don’t care how “exclusive” it is. Not giving you a hard time, just being honest. Kinda like spending $30k in mods on a car, then adding that to the sale price. Not going to get it. Be realistic.

mattmynhier

Established Member
You really listed it for that much?
They aren’t trolling you, just being honest. I wouldn’t pay over $600 for it when I can buy new Stingers for what, like $700-800 now a days? I don’t care how “exclusive” it is. Not giving you a hard time, just being honest. Kinda like spending $30k in mods on a car, then adding that to the sale price. Not going to get it. Be realistic.

Well when someone called me a liar when I said I was offered 2600 that’s when I began to have some fun as well. See I don’t take things to heart, its just not worth sweating over. Your decision to not pay over 600 doesn’t bother me a bit either. That’s a fair enough statement on your end and it’s duly noted along with others.

Obviously, you aren’t the only one in the terminator world. It may or may not come as a shock to you there are people in our group, me included, that are willing to spend more than we should on certain original parts. You probably would also be shocked to know how much I spent and how many years (yes I said years) I looked for BNIB original ford racing blue valve covers. The ones that came painted from the factory not powder coated from some shop. I knew I could get ford wrinkle blue powder coated valve covers, but with my OCD it just wouldn’t work for me.
You also probably wouldn’t spend 40k on a black 03 couple. But, I sold my 2nd black 03 coupe for that to a nice gentleman in Texas that I still keep in touch with. It had 605 miles on it when I loaded it on the trailer on its journey to Texas a few years back. I just couldn’t take the guilt of knowing I was putting miles on it when I owned it. It also had an M58 catback on it installed by the original dealership. You know how many people told me how “they bet it was a piece of shit and all dryrotted.” Well he still digs it and hasn’t ever complained about it and dry rotting def hasn’t been an issue. It now has a little over 2000 miles on it. I just found the original spark plugs while I am packing up for my move and touched base with him to see if he wanted them. He does want me to send them to him, which I am happy to do.

You would almost certainly call me an idiot to know what I spent two years ago on my red 04.

I found that catback and was lucky I did. There were a long list of people wanting it. And I’d bet a silver dollar that any of them would have paid what I did for it.

I had that catback on eBay for less than 12 hours and got a pretty good offer. So, contrary to everyone’s belief on this thread, like it or not, there are certain people in our circle that are obviously willing to spend that kind of money, and we may be idiots.

Now I’ve heard things like “that screenshot doesn’t matter, until you’ve got the money in the bank!” And you even said “be realistic” True, but just know someone was willing to pay a ton of cash for it and it still had 6 1/2 days left on the auction... just being honest.

HPLouis

Established Member
I could see someone paying alot of money for the Ford catback.

I bet they would pay more for the M58. That's the one that everyone wants.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Well when someone called me a liar when I said I was offered 2600 that’s when I began to have some fun as well. See I don’t take things to heart, its just not worth sweating over. Your decision to not pay over 600 doesn’t bother me a bit either. That’s a fair enough statement on your end and it’s duly noted along with others.

Obviously, you aren’t the only one in the terminator world. It may or may not come as a shock to you there are people in our group, me included, that are willing to spend more than we should on certain original parts. You probably would also be shocked to know how much I spent and how many years (yes I said years) I looked for BNIB original ford racing blue valve covers. The ones that came painted from the factory not powder coated from some shop. I knew I could get ford wrinkle blue powder coated valve covers, but with my OCD it just wouldn’t work for me.
You also probably wouldn’t spend 40k on a black 03 couple. But, I sold my 2nd black 03 coupe for that to a nice gentleman in Texas that I still keep in touch with. It had 605 miles on it when I loaded it on the trailer on its journey to Texas a few years back. I just couldn’t take the guilt of knowing I was putting miles on it when I owned it. It also had an M58 catback on it installed by the original dealership. You know how many people told me how “they bet it was a piece of shit and all dryrotted.” Well he still digs it and hasn’t ever complained about it and dry rotting def hasn’t been an issue. It now has a little over 2000 miles on it. I just found the original spark plugs while I am packing up for my move and touched base with him to see if he wanted them. He does want me to send them to him, which I am happy to do.

You would almost certainly call me an idiot to know what I spent two years ago on my red 04.

I found that catback and was lucky I did. There were a long list of people wanting it. And I’d bet a silver dollar that any of them would have paid what I did for it.

I had that catback on eBay for less than 12 hours and got a pretty good offer. So, contrary to everyone’s belief on this thread, like it or not, there are certain people in our circle that are obviously willing to spend that kind of money, and we may be idiots.

Now I’ve heard things like “that screenshot doesn’t matter, until you’ve got the money in the bank!” And you even said “be realistic” True, but just know someone was willing to pay a ton of cash for it and it still had 6 1/2 days left on the auction... just being honest.

How much do you bench press?

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member

I know what you're saying. I spent a little more than I probably should have to have all the 10th-anniversary interior. Just didn't seem right to just have the seats and I love the carbon fiber material look.

Users who are viewing this thread