MACA Buds, replaced my SVTF

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
fusion2.jpg
Many of you know I added an SVT Focus to the Cobra back in 2012.
I've just traded it in on a 2018 Fusion Sport. The V6 Eco with TT 325/380.
I needed a sedan, and the color is close to the cobra.

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Those are cool Greg. I'd like to have one myself but Denise wants something more European, and an SUV. So we are looking at Audi Q3/5, BMW X2, Maybe the new Alfa Romeo which is my favorite.

You have to at least do a tune on that Fusion. Tunes on these turbo cars really wake them up. Plus the tune helps get rid of any flat spots and hesitation in the RPM range. Made a big difference in my current Fusion with the 2.0 ecoboost.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Ha, made you look. That's not mine.
Another member on the Fusion Sport Facebook Group. Already learned a lot over there and in the Fusion Sport Forum. These kids over there think its a hot car. It's just a sedan.
I've already looked into a Livernois tune, a Steeda rear sway bar, and an Ultimate Performance FMIC.
But before any of that, I have to learn how to work SYNC 3. And getting JJ to put a ceramic coating on it.
Here's the goodies available.
Performance Parts List for 2017 Ford Fusion Sport - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum

wheelhopper

Established Member
Well now we know you can track them I expect to see you at an event at some point.

I'll be at Dominion next weekend. Hopefully the rain will be gone by then.

Livernois is a good choice for tuner. Make sure you get the colder plugs when you get the tune.

I have a bunch of Steeda stuff on the ST and am happy with it, if you go that route.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I had been first tracking it, and then racing it, since 2002. By 2012 my wife retired, so there went half of the racing budget. Plus the class I was in had grown super competitive, and there wasn't much I could do with the Cobra to make it more competitive and stay in that class. So I pulled out the rollbar, put the interior back in, removed a few of the non-street friendly mods, and put it back on the street. It's mostly a garage queen now, only coming out for nice day drives in the country.
And I got the SVT Focus in 2012 at the same time, and it was a great commuter/daily driver car. But now that I'm retired, I wanted something newer, and larger, so the Focus went and the Fusion Sport was a perfect replacement.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Sounds like a pretty good plan. At least you had a long run with the cobra and still get to drive it. I remember always seeing pictures of you tracking it

I am hoping to autocross mine for 2 years or so as i mod it for American Iron.
At least that is the end goal.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Awesome. I would have loved to enter AI, but starting with a convertible is like having both hands tied behind your back. When you're working on it, let me know. If I can offer any advice, or parts. I still have a rad and O/R pipe laying around. And rotors & pads out the wazoo.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Oh it is going to be a long road. Budgeting and just getting back behind the wheel doing autocross and hpde events to start. (Things like a trip to Europe to see F1 and saving for a house are putting a damper on the ol spending haha)
Yea starting with a vert in AI would be a rough road. I will probably take you up on the advice part for sure! Parts wise, brakes may be good once they wear down.
The rear end is going into the shop tomorrow for a full rebuild and welding of the tubes. Looking forward to that bill lol

So I appreciate it! You could at least autocross your cobra now couldnt you?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Oh it is going to be a long road. Budgeting and just getting back behind the wheel doing autocross and hpde events to start. (Things like a trip to Europe to see F1 and saving for a house are putting a damper on the ol spending haha)
Yea starting with a vert in AI would be a rough road. I will probably take you up on the advice part for sure! Parts wise, brakes may be good once they wear down.
The rear end is going into the shop tomorrow for a full rebuild and welding of the tubes. Looking forward to that bill lol

So I appreciate it! You could at least autocross your cobra now couldnt you?
I could, and did once since it was neutered. I also did some HPDE in the SVT Focus after I got it.
But other projects and hobbies have taken over.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Is that Velocity Blue? I wonder how close it is to the '19 Edge ST Performance Blue. That's what I'm looking into. ;) Enjoy that good looking Sport. Let us know how you like the tune when you get it.
It's Lightning Blue. I've always loved my BAB Cobra, so easy choice.
I don't know how close it is to Performance Blue. They look close.
Here's some paint info. But it on'y goes up to 2018.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/best-shades-of-mustang-blue
https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/mustang-paint-codes

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
BTW, I forgot to ask...what race did you go to?
I've been following F1 off and on since I went to the U.S. GP at Watkins Glen in '72. It's a lot easier these days with cable coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread