Mach 1 - an electric SUV?

CV355

_
Established Member
Signed.

What's next? A minivan with the GT500 name? The next Focus trim level is F150? A King Ranch Fiesta?

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Is it that hard to figure out a new name at Ford? All the good names are taken! What a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike's03Mach

Established Member
That is just plain stupid for Ford to even think of using the name for something else. The person that suggested it needs to be fired.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I thought the new Bullitt should have been called the Mach 1....

Either way, Ford has always been just as guilty as Mopar and GM in watering down brand image by slapping performance badges on vehicles that should have never had them.

GT, SS, R/T

Point made.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
At the end of the day, name plates sell. Cars don't have to live up to their name plate, the name plate just needs to hearken back to something cool. Badge engineering at work.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
At the end of the day, name plates sell. Cars don't have to live up to their name plate, the name plate just needs to hearken back to something cool. Badge engineering at work.
I don’t think that is the case here. I think very few people will flock to it because of the nameplate. Probably more because they want what the vehicle offers.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Saying Mach 1 and electric SUV in the same sentence is like scratching nails down a chalkboard.

All of this Mach 1 electric SUV talk, just.....just....
upload_2018-1-18_21-0-10.png

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Signed. I couldn't even imagine GT500 or Cobra on anything but a Mustang. Same with Mach 1

4a7191a

Established Member
I'd they do that it'll be as dumb as Mitsubishi making the Evo into an SUV. Mach1 sould remain on the mustang platform only. It's the package that put the hurt on the Shelby's and in 69 was faster than the Shelby. 13.69 to a 13.87.

Someone needs to make a time machine out of a Terminator and do some serious money races. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread