Mach 1 Autcross make over!

blacksheep-1

Established Member
IMO work on the front end, not the rear, Steeda 2x ball joints and the bumpsteer kit will do wonders and have an overall effect on the rear, also if it's legal, it's time for some weld in sub frame connectors...now that I think about it, do the sfcs first, the difference will be incredible just doing that alone. I wish I could figure out how to upload vids from my cell phone to here because I have a video that will make you crap concerning sfcs.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
A quick update. tho's baer brakes and stock rims will fit, with 1/4" spacer. So now I run 1/4" spacers on all 4 corners.

I also ended up ordering a torque arm and heavy duty lower arms all from Maximum Motorsports. I might pick up 2 more 17x9 rims, and run 275's nt01's.

Does anyone have any experience with maximum motorsports rear swaybars?
I'd like to order one, to get rid of the understeer.

Last edited:

BLKFOX

Established Member
My Mach 1 was a blast on the autocross tracks. How's everything working out for you? We need an onboard video...

prokill00

Established Member
I've been absent from the forums lately. Blacksheep, I never got a chance to respond to you. I have some other work done to the car I neglected to mention. The handling mods are as follows:
Steeda x2 ball joints, Steeda bumpsteer kit, MM FLSC, adjustable rear endlinks, front endlinks, complete delrin bushing kit for IRS (FTBR), FTBR toe link, EBC Red brake pads, SS brake lines, slotted rotors, DOT4 fluid.

I also recently just purchased Michelin Pilot Super Sports on 18x9/18x10. Ended up going with 275 and 295 respectively.

Do you think with my staggered setup, a Steeda front sway bar would cause more understeer? Can't find a decent rear sway bar for the IRS. Anyone have some suggestions?

shb5007

Established Member
Not hijacking, but I autocross my 2003 Cobra. I am struggling competing with the grip the S197's are getting with 315's on all four corners. Has anyone found a way to run anything wider than a 275 up front? I am running 275's on all corners right now.

Users who are viewing this thread