Made a mistake

delly

Established Member
well I replaced my halfshafts and while doing so I forgot to mark the top bolt on the knuckle which is the adjustable one. I remembered after I had already did the one side. I marked the pass side but not the ds. So now what? Should I try to get it back as close as possible? Thx.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
now you need to have the camber on them checked. You want about 1 degree negative camber. So basically get an alignment done.

delly

Established Member
Do they have to do align,ent for front and rear? Or can I have just the rear done.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If you haven't pulled the front apart it should be good. I keep telling myself to get a camber gauge for times like this.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Black2010

Established Member
Either get it aligned or buy the tools to do it yourself. If you get it aligned you might as well have the front done to since it's normally only $40 or more between a 2 axle and 4 axle job.

Keep in mind that caster changes will effect toe changes. If doing it yourself you need to keep in mind that on the IRS is the rear toe is adjustable so you need to make sure it is correct and also pointing the same direction as the front. I.E. you're overall toe could be within spec but it could still point slight left or right if both tires point the same direction. You have to measure front and back direction to make sure they are the same. Not rocket science but a little more challenging then doing a SRA car.

Users who are viewing this thread