Made the toughest choice in my life today.

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
So, today I decoded to stop dialysis. I have End Stage Renal Disease, diabetes, gastroparisis (sp) psoriasis, and a few other medical issues. At 44 years old, it's a shitty decision to have to make, but I am tired of the fight.
Always remember, life is precious, and the decisions you make today can have far reaching consequences.
I don't want condolences, not looking for anything, I just needed to vent, somewhere with a little anonymity.

TexasPoke

Established Member
Prayers sent for you and your loved ones...

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.

-Mark Twain

Last edited:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Sorry to hear. I can't even imagine how hard that must be. Dialysis is such a rough thing to have to do 3x a week.
Prayers for you and your family.

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
Sending some love your way. May i ask how did you end up with ESRD?
A combination of poor choices & chemotherapy/radiation treatment. I am here because of my ignoring countless hours of advice from doctors. I was too concerned with making $$ & keeping up with "The Jonses"
Stupid decision on top of stupid decision.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
that's a tough choice OP, do you have kiddos?
very sorry to hear about your choice.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I fully expected to see someone talking about how they have to sell their cobra in this thread. Sorry to hear about your circumstances OP. I can't imagine how tough that kind of decision is to make. God bless

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I thought this was gonna be about someone putting their dog down, then it turned out to be much worse. Sorry to hear brotha. Keeping you in our prayers

truefiveo

Established Member
So, today I decoded to stop dialysis. I have End Stage Renal Disease, diabetes, gastroparisis (sp) psoriasis, and a few other medical issues. At 44 years old, it's a shitty decision to have to make, but I am tired of the fight.
Always remember, life is precious, and the decisions you make today can have far reaching consequences.
I don't want condolences, not looking for anything, I just needed to vent, somewhere with a little anonymity.

A combination of poor choices & chemotherapy/radiation treatment. I am here because of my ignoring countless hours of advice from doctors. I was too concerned with making $$ & keeping up with "The Jonses"
Stupid decision on top of stupid decision.

I'm truly listening!
Thank you!

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I thought this was gonna be about someone putting their dog down, then it turned out to be much worse. Sorry to hear brotha. Keeping you in our prayers

Me too. Super prayers send Bud. Just when I think I'm going through major shit I read this, God bless and think everything through.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
How does one give meaningful comment in this circumstance, it's very difficult. I will say this, since you have decided death is a better place for you, I believe once you have left your broken physical body you will be free of the suffering and pain you have endured for so long. See you on the other side.

Stinger2011

Established Member
Praying for you and your family. I don't know how you feel, but i'm sure I will one day. We all have to go one day.

I watched my dad suffer for years. It's not something that I think I could go through.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I can't imagine what all this must be like for you. You have touched everyone who has stopped in to read this, through you we can all learn and we thank you for that. Like Mr. Mach-eta said, you will be free from your torn and hurt physical body one day and you will be free.

Godspeed.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Real shitty situation. Can't imagine having to make that choice, nor can I argue with ones right to choose how he wants to go out though, with that much going on. God speed to you bud.

Users who are viewing this thread