MAK performance Cat Deletes...

RSKtakR

Established Member
I was interested until I saw "cutting and welding is required on drivers side manifold" at the bottom lol

ArabianOak

Established Member
I was interested until I saw "cutting and welding is required on drivers side manifold" at the bottom lol

Lol...yeah, that's always a turn off, but there really is no other way to get those cats removed on that side without that happening. My shop can easily do that, no big deal...just wondering what type of gains people are seeing, how much smell you get and overall sound...

BMR Tech

Have them on mine, and couldn't be happier.

Can't help the cut and weld. It's pretty damn easy to be completely honest.

RSKtakR

Established Member
Lol...yeah, that's always a turn off, but there really is no other way to get those cats removed on that side without that happening. My shop can easily do that, no big deal...just wondering what type of gains people are seeing, how much smell you get and overall sound...

ya I guess I would be curious to hear it as well and see the gains.. I just put the MBRP Race cat back on my car though and it has drone between 1500-2000 rpms' on the hwy and I REALLY doubt that these would help any of that lol. I wouldn't be afraid of the cutting and welding, I just don't have either of those tools at my disposal at the moment.

ArabianOak

Established Member
had these installed on Thursday...one side is very simple (4 bolts and a few 02 sensors)...the other side required some minor cutting/welding which my shop did in less than an hour...looks great and sounds INCREDIBLE! It is very loud compared to the cat back I had previously...

It feels like it gained a good amount of power...i'd guess in the 15-20RWHP range...I won't know until this coming week, as I was not able to make it on the dyno that day.

BV600

Established Member
Saying cat delete is only good for sound is pretty funny. My 14 auto was going 117 in 1/4 with just cat delete and $50 tune. Been looking at the cat delete for 15

ArabianOak

Established Member
Just got off the dyno...

The car made 426RWHP and 402RWTQ!!! A gain of 13RWHP and 16RWTQ from the MAK cat deletes! I am very impressed and was right on with my butt dyno! lol. Keep in mind I bought the factory connect cat deletes which means there is still a few inch bottleneck at the factory connect, so there may indeed be a few more HP to gain from a full connect system.

I will post video and dyno graph later. Very happy with results!

cbrtrx

Established Member
Yes I had cat deletes first, noticeable gains. When I put on long tubes I didnt notice much of a difference from the cat deletes.

Users who are viewing this thread