Making the move over.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The GT350 Recaros are WAY more aggressive than the ones that were used in the GT500s and other Mustangs. Those seats still erred on the side of comfort over sport. Not to say they weren't supportive. They just aren't nearly as supportive. Also, the other Recaros accommodate larger people. The GT350 Recaros, not so much. For example, my wife is in love with the seats in my R because she's pretty much enveloped in them. Whereas, I never really feel like I'm all the way in the seat. I'm a little too broad for them.

Drewsky65

Established Member
Can you discuss the seat differences Drewsky65??

Sat in two 350s this weekend and I think the seats are significantly worse than the 500 Recaros.

I actually like the 350 recaros much more. I LOVE the material on them and the way they look and feel when you are in them. By far the most aggressive seat I have sat in that was a street legal car lol. My wife also loves them a lot. The only downside is getting in them! I am still trying to figure out the best method on this, I am anal about wear. Already stressing about the outside side bolstering wearing out. I think they are built right and pretty high quality. It actually took me a while to find the right combo I liked with the recaros, I wanted them for purpose but also a little cool factor, I do plan on actually taking this thing to the track, so not entirely for cool factor haha. Overall i like them much more than the 500 recaros! They feel like an actual race seat

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... The only downside is getting in them! I am still trying to figure out the best method on this, I am anal about wear. ...

You're in luck. I've figured out the best way to get in and out of the seat without putting them through excess wear on the edges. The trick is to plant your right foot in the middle of the floor, bend at the waist, and gently fall in butt first. Be careful to aim your butt at the intersection of the seat back and lower cushion. You don't want to slide your butt down the seat back because that will just cause wear there. As you fall in the seat, make sure your left thigh lands right in the notch between the upper and lower bolsters, not on the bolster. Lift your left leg up and over the bolster. Finally, use the center console and your legs to raise your butt up off the seat and adjust yourself to your seating position. Also, don't wear pants/shorts that are made of rugged material; jeans, canvas, etc. Try to stick to soft or athletic materials.

When you're ready to get out of the car, if you're tall, slide the seat way back and reverse the entry process. Lift your left leg up and over the bolster to rest it in the notch, lean your body out, then push off with your right leg. The number one thing that makes getting in and out easier is to not park next to anything. The door needs to be opened pretty wide for easy entry/exit. Again, this is all if you're tall. If you're short, you should have zero issues getting in or out. Just make sure that, if your wife is wearing a short dress or skirt, she's also wearing panties that keep all the goods covered. There's no graceful or demure way for women to get in or out of these seats.

Drewsky65

Established Member
You're in luck. I've figured out the best way to get in and out of the seat without putting them through excess wear on the edges. The trick is to plant your right foot in the middle of the floor, bend at the waist, and gently fall in butt first. Be careful to aim your butt at the intersection of the seat back and lower cushion. You don't want to slide your butt down the seat back because that will just cause wear there. As you fall in the seat, make sure your left thigh lands right in the notch between the upper and lower bolsters, not on the bolster. Lift your left leg up and over the bolster. Finally, use the center console and your legs to raise your butt up off the seat and adjust yourself to your seating position. Also, don't wear pants/shorts that are made of rugged material; jeans, canvas, etc. Try to stick to soft or athletic materials.

When you're ready to get out of the car, if you're tall, slide the seat way back and reverse the entry process. Lift your left leg up and over the bolster to rest it in the notch, lean your body out, then push off with your right leg. The number one thing that makes getting in and out easier is to not park next to anything. The door needs to be opened pretty wide for easy entry/exit. Again, this is all if you're tall. If you're short, you should have zero issues getting in or out. Just make sure that, if your wife is wearing a short dress or skirt, she's also wearing panties that keep all the goods covered. There's no graceful or demure way for women to get in or out of these seats.

this made me laugh haha, good advice on this. I'm 6' about 200 lbs so not a super small guy. Once your in these things you are IN them.

GT350Stevie

Established Member
just tell her you put a new spoiler on it haha
I don't think the spoiler was ever noticed on the 2016. I think that conversation will never come up.
that's what i have read and watched countless vids on. this is a COMPLETELY different car below and above 4,500. also a completely different car when being pushed from just easy driving around. I miss my 500 , but I am happy I made the move. the 350 is more all around car. Everything impresses you in the 350 vs "power" in the 500.

Sent from my STH100-1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread