manual to auto swap 2013 6r80 problems

Coyote22

i finished my swap, wasnt all too bad, except for the final result. after changing to an auto pcm, wiring harness etc, the car wont flash correctly and im afraid its because the ford tech i had do it, doesnt quite know how to do it. heres the problems thus far.

pcm id block code is being thrown (check engine)
abs code is being thrown
service advance trac code is being thrown

the car runs, but it runs like a bag of assholes, it wont even do a burnout, so im guessing the car is in limp mode due to the pcm
code being thrown. upon coming to a stop, the car seems to lunge like it doesnt want to stop, its almost like it thinks the clutch needs to be pushed in, same feeling as if you are driving a manual car and come to a stop without pushing the clutch in.

he programmed the trans code to the pcm, but it wouldnt let him program the abs codes, or traction codes, also noticed my air fuel gauge is stuck on 14 and wont even move, so theres some major computer stuff happening. any help would be greatly appreciated!

does anyone have any information on how to properly flash this car for the trans swap?

2013 5.0

86Fbody

Established Member
i finished my swap, wasnt all too bad, except for the final result. after changing to an auto pcm, wiring harness etc, the car wont flash correctly and im afraid its because the ford tech i had do it, doesnt quite know how to do it. heres the problems thus far.

pcm id block code is being thrown (check engine)
abs code is being thrown
service advance trac code is being thrown

the car runs, but it runs like a bag of assholes, it wont even do a burnout, so im guessing the car is in limp mode due to the pcm
code being thrown. upon coming to a stop, the car seems to lunge like it doesnt want to stop, its almost like it thinks the clutch needs to be pushed in, same feeling as if you are driving a manual car and come to a stop without pushing the clutch in.

he programmed the trans code to the pcm, but it wouldnt let him program the abs codes, or traction codes, also noticed my air fuel gauge is stuck on 14 and wont even move, so theres some major computer stuff happening. any help would be greatly appreciated!

does anyone have any information on how to properly flash this car for the trans swap?

2013 5.0

Try contacting JPC, they may be able to help you.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Hope you get this sorted out and then we will have somebody able to let us know what it really takes to convert! Good luck and keep us updated. I hope the tech is using the new computer code.

1Quick4.6

Established Member
Find an auto car that has the same options yours has and use the vin for that one to load the as built data from that car

Wildman113

Established Member
Find an auto car that has the same options yours has and use the vin for that one to load the as built data from that car

Programming As-Built to the PCM isn't going to resolve the Vehicle Identification (VID) block issues or ABS Module issues. Basically the modules are showing different VINs, which is causing conflicts between them.

The PCM that has been installed in the vehicle needs to be properly programmed for the vehicle's correct VIN in order to work properly with the other modules on the vehicle. Therefore, you would need to perform Programmable Module Installation (PMI) on the new PCM so that the VIN correctly matches your car.

The problem is that PMI will load the data based on the VIN, which will then program it as a manual transmission vehicle. I would suggest consulting an aftermarket tuner to get the PCM programmed properly, I'm not sure a Ford Technician is going to have much luck trying to get it to work using the IDS.

Users who are viewing this thread