Max effort NA builds in here.

TorchRed3v

Established Member
The 1-3/4 should actually help, it gives you some extra torque down low. 1-7/8 is probably overkill for most coyote builds.

Yeah. That's what I read almost everywhere I looked so that's why I got them. I really wanna break 500whp NA but stage 3 cams and install are gonna be expensive so I'll go all the way up till that and then See what I wanna do after. Won't be boosting it but I may spray.

corysmach1

Established Member
Nice thread cory,

Too many sheeple take the easy way out and go boost with an auto on a muscle car... Its just too easy. I got a lot of respect for guys that row their own gears and sort their car out, NA.

One thing is missing, where have all of your videos gone?

Thanks man! The vids are still on YouTube just spread out through a few different names lol. I plan on racing a lot of cars this year so they're will be some good vids.

noldevin

Established Member
Yeah. That's what I read almost everywhere I looked so that's why I got them. I really wanna break 500whp NA but stage 3 cams and install are gonna be expensive so I'll go all the way up till that and then See what I wanna do after. Won't be boosting it but I may spray.
Yeah the 500whp mark has me drooling. I'll probably do everything i can to get there on pump, but in reality I'll be happy if I'm close to that much.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I'm not doing a max effort NA build, but my new motor is a getting a compression bump to 12.5:1 and I'll keep using nitrous to supplement hp when needed. It already has CJ exh. cams, CJ intake, headers, e85 and other.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Mine is like a 1/3 effort build :lol1:

I'm missing a lot of BIG stuff on the list especially converter, long tubes, and cams.... I'm really fighting a battle where I'm at since the best DA I can hope for is 5800'; in the summertime heat it is usually worse. I'm sorta at a cross roads with my car, trying to decide if I'm going to stay on this path or do something else...My original intent was to stay N/A but it is hard watching the big power FI cars at the track steal all the thunder...Props to all the quick N/A cars for sure!!!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'd love to finish up this Boss with 500ish at the wheels. This thread is good inspiration.

ford20

Established Member
Are you guys planning on upgrading the chains to spin at 7500 rpms?

I talked to Tim over at MPR Racing and decided to go with their heavy duty chains for the car since I have higher seat pressure on my springs then stock just for safety's sake at this point.

Yes I forgot I have Boss Cam tensioners also. My car is Magnum swapped and does 137 in 4th gear at 8k RPM. The MT-82 just didn't work for me. I busted 5 of them. One was built.

Ford20- good build buddy. May I ask why your not going stage 3 ported heads? Are you gonna be on E85?

The Stage 3 heads flow too much for my car and might hurt the power so we decided to go with the Stage 2 heads instead. JPC only uses the Stage 3 heads for their big supercharged applications while the stage 2's they use for N/A and turbo cars. I will be using E85 with No cats for a race tune, but mostly will be putting around town on 93 with cats.

7upstang

Established Member
I talked to Tim over at MPR Racing and decided to go with their heavy duty chains for the car since I have higher seat pressure on my springs then stock just for safety's sake at this point.

I figured that was my next call. Just wasn't sure how much money I wanted to dump into a project swap car. Tim build the motor in my other car, he does out standing work.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
My best friend died in Afghanistan while I earned my 2014 GT PP. I will not risk boosting this car and damaging it in any way, shape, or form. NA or die.

Currently:

Cobra Jet Intake Manifold
FRPP CAI
FRPP Monoblade TB
E85 by Shaun
3 inch exhaust
Stock manifolds
No Cats
FRPP Sport Axle Backs

Future Mods:

Baby CJ exhaust cams.
Boss 302R intake cams.
Port my CJ manifold.

I may go with long tubes....but...**** long tubes.

I may entertain Comp Cams, but I want Ford Parts if at all possible.

Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member

The Stage 3 heads flow too much for my car and might hurt the power so we decided to go with the Stage 2 heads instead. JPC only uses the Stage 3 heads for their big supercharged applications while the stage 2's they use for N/A and turbo cars. I will be using E85 with No cats for a race tune, but mostly will be putting around town on 93 with cats.

Seems like Livernois and RGR/JPC offer the highest flowing heads. JPC actually recommend the Stage 3 heads for my car. They said I have 40+rwhp to gain with them on my setup.

kingcobra323

Established Member
My car isnt anything special but a lil different, ive got Baby CJ cams, kooks 1 3/4 lts, offroad h kooks AB all 3", circle D 3c, stock mani, with airaid, on e85, kmember, a arms, sway delete, car made 416whp 406tq.
My question is do u guys think my baby CJs would benefit from porting stock mani and TB? I love being a sleeper. MY PB is [email protected] 60ft was weak 1.63 it was 1890ft DA in Fontana and windy

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
My car isnt anything special but a lil different, ive got Baby CJ cams, kooks 1 3/4 lts, offroad h kooks AB all 3", circle D 3c, stock mani, with airaid, on e85, kmember, a arms, sway delete, car made 416whp 406tq.
My question is do u guys think my baby CJs would benefit from porting stock mani and TB? I love being a sleeper. MY PB is [email protected] 60ft was weak 1.63 it was 1890ft DA in Fontana and windy

I think you will deff benefit, because your power numbers are very low only 416rwhp with longtubes / bolt ons and cams? small cams or not thats really the lowest numbers ive seen to date for a cammed car, hell a stock auto 2011-2014 gt dynos 340-370rwhp. a stock 2015+ dynos 380rwhp. intake exaust tune only they dyno around 420-430rwhp.

My friends coyoted swapped sn95 with cams longtubes ford racing manifold dynoed 470rwhp and thats without his tune and on a low reading mustang dyno which = 500rwhp on a dynojet with a tune. so I would say you deff will benefit from more mods?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Not that I put much stock in dyno numbers, but was this by chance on a mustang dyno? if it was you would probably see another 50ish HP on a dynojet. In any event the stock manifold is holding you back some with those baby CJ EXH cams, you gotta feed the beast. A ported CJ manifold on your setup should pick up a good amount, though you will lose that sleeper look. The stock manifold really starts to nose over after 6,600/6,800, sure you can extend it some with porting, though a ported stocker will still not beat a CJ. Those cams really shine upstairs with a CJ manifold.

I wouldn't worry too much about ET either, Fontana is a tough place to go fast, slightly uphill and often a headwind.

Last edited:

kingcobra323

Established Member
Def Fontana is stingy. My buddy cj monoblade ,auto,5c, lts, e85 ran 11.30 at Fontana a week before me. I was backing that the gt350 intake with ported stock TB would work but no updates on this yet. So porting stock Mani may help. It was a Dynojet btw. My buddy said fairly stingy dyno

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^Yep I am interested to see how well those GT350 manifolds work on the 11-14s as well. Hopefully that thread gets bumped with some updates soon :beer:

kingcobra323

Established Member
I need the sleeper looks for me and the ball and chain she wouldn't notice a differnce at all lol

kingcobra323

Established Member
Kinda rough spending money NA while others go boost and go real fast. It's something great when you demoralize someone and they ask you how much NO2 you spraying or how much boost

ford20

Established Member
[video=youtube;FVJhFFymtYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVJhFFymtYg[/video]

Lets see how close to 11-14 Roush Stage 3 power we can get. Me thinks it will make a bit more than the standard Stage 3.

corysmach1

Established Member
[video=youtube;FVJhFFymtYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVJhFFymtYg[/video]

Lets see how close to 11-14 Roush Stage 3 power we can get. Me thinks it will make a bit more than the standard Stage 3.

Sounds good keep me posted. What's your full setup again?

Users who are viewing this thread