Max effort NA builds in here.

kodexkustoms

Established Member
What are you E85 guys running for plugs on N/A combos? Getting ready to switch and I'm wanting to throw fresh plugs in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaBigBone

Established Member
Nice setup! I'm going with an all out NA build over the winter. Going to spend this season getting some more seat time with the combo I have now

ford20

Established Member
FB_IMG_1470929400099.jpg

Let's see if we can't hit 600!!

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Congrats man!! What do you think a stock shortblock with the same mods, but stage 3 heads, could do? Really cool looking build man! Do you have a dyno video?

Last edited:

ford20

Established Member
That is a great question I would have to guess somewhere in the 520-550 range on E85? I don't think there are enough combos out there to really get an accurate measurement. I do know of someone is attempting a stock displacement build that is pretty close to mine only 13:1. He should have his motor done in a few weeks.

I think the cams have a lot to do with it as well, plus they sound ****ing sick!!
[video=youtube;EVIf16ZUNSw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVIf16ZUNSw[/video]

No dyno videos of this run that I know of. I do have one of a 564HP run that I can post up.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
Same here. I wanna see how much butt hurt I can cause around town with a NA coyote. 2 of my friends have turbo cars while two others are waiting to install their kits. There's also a paxton car and a TVS car so I know what the platform can to with boost. a bunch of gto's and camaro's around here seem to think that they can only make power with boost so I wanna show them what the car can do NA and then if I need some more power ill spray it. I don't have 1-7/8 longtubes but instead 1-3/4 but it shouldn't hurt me too much. My setup should be very similar to yours.

agreed.most people never ever heard of coyote stock.that class really shows it all.

corysmach1

Established Member
That is a great question I would have to guess somewhere in the 520-550 range on E85? I don't think there are enough combos out there to really get an accurate measurement. I do know of someone is attempting a stock displacement build that is pretty close to mine only 13:1. He should have his motor done in a few weeks.

I think the cams have a lot to do with it as well, plus they sound ****ing sick!!

No dyno videos of this run that I know of. I do have one of a 564HP run that I can post up.

You talking about Ben Calimer's build? What compression is yours?

Dave_6

Established Member

That's one badass build you've got there! Been somewhat following the posts the past few days on the FB group.

You talking about Ben Calimer's build? What compression is yours?

Ben's building a new setup? I've barely seen him post anything a while except some of his transmission jobs.

BPatterson

Established Member
I think Sean may be referring to my build. I too am building a max effort na coyote. Granted, Sean has quite a few more cubes than me, as mine will only be 304 ci. My setup consists of the following:

304 ci
Boss crank
Molnar rods
Mahle pistons/12.5:1 compression
Boss oil pump w/billet opg's
Coated Clevite main and rod bearings
Billet crank sprocket
Boss primary and secondary tensioners and timing chains
ARP everything
Stage 3 heads with larger ferrea valves and springs
Custom specced cams
Ported cobra jet intake and scj tb w/jlt cj cai
1-7/8 longtubes w/orx
E85

I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting, hut there's the bulk of it. I'm waiting for my heads to be finished now. Shortblock is done.

corysmach1

Established Member
I think Sean may be referring to my build. I too am building a max effort na coyote. Granted, Sean has quite a few more cubes than me, as mine will only be 304 ci. My setup consists of the following:

304 ci
Boss crank
Molnar rods
Mahle pistons/12.5:1 compression
Boss oil pump w/billet opg's
Coated Clevite main and rod bearings
Billet crank sprocket
Boss primary and secondary tensioners and timing chains
ARP everything
Stage 3 heads with larger ferrea valves and springs
Custom specced cams
Ported cobra jet intake and scj tb w/jlt cj cai
1-7/8 longtubes w/orx
E85

I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting, hut there's the bulk of it. I'm waiting for my heads to be finished now. Shortblock is done.

Good deal...couple questions. Are you locking the cams out (No VCT)? Also who is doing the ported heads?

BPatterson

Established Member
Good deal...couple questions. Are you locking the cams out (No VCT)? Also who is doing the ported heads?

Yes, cams will be locked out. Vector Performance in Clarksville, TN is doing the heads. There is extensive port work being done not only on the intake and exhaust runners, but also the chambers. We don't only want the flow, but extreme care is being taken to keep port velocity up.

Taylor Curtis of Madison, TN will be doing the tuning. And 5th Gear Automotive of Hermitage, TN is handling the assembly. Machine work for the shortblock was done by Shackletts of Nashville, TN.

corysmach1

Established Member
Yes, cams will be locked out. Vector Performance in Clarksville, TN is doing the heads. There is extensive port work being done not only on the intake and exhaust runners, but also the chambers. We don't only want the flow, but extreme care is being taken to keep port velocity up.

Taylor Curtis of Madison, TN will be doing the tuning. And 5th Gear Automotive of Hermitage, TN is handling the assembly. Machine work for the shortblock was done by Shackletts of Nashville, TN.

Any numbers on there heads? May I ask how much they're charging for the headwork?

BPatterson

Established Member
Any numbers on there heads? May I ask how much they're charging for the headwork?

They're not finished yet. We're waiting for the bronze valve guides and the rest of the valves to arrive. Heads will be flowed when they're done though, and I'll gladly share pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread