Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea I don't have that. I do have a badass truck though lol. Just not matching lol
68BBA4DF-5D96-4B07-9DF9-E5B7AD9E9A0F_zps2f0mvjbt.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
man that thing looks mean!

with the factory bumper gone and that bar in place how screwed are you if you hit something with the front end? My car spends more time on the street than anything so might matter a bit more for me

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Pretty ****ed I'd say lol. My car will see street use, and I'm pretty careful when I drive. A full 8.5 cert cage is going in though. and I might even put some more bracing etc up front.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Oh yea I forgot to update this.. We had to stop the pulls at 7k due to the alternator flexing forward and trying to rip itself off the block.. We took it off and sent it back for 2 additional eyelets to be put on so we can build a brace.. At 7k it was still climbing for power..

807rwhp and 670ftlbs, 16psi, 16* of timing.. See what happens with 19-20* and about 500 more rpm. It's looking like 840's are gonna happen though, and this is on low boost.

What's super impressive is the tq curve itself.. it's like a twin screw.. lol. Very table top like.. The Holley Dominator ECU is awesome, and the engine combo has proven to be perfect, making the numbers I expected.. Not going to swap pulleys anytime soon though, but the blower has enough for 1000rwhp that's for sure, combine that with some FTW E85 and it's over..

Also that power was on pump E85

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thanks man, the 4yr build is almost done lol.. Finally. I'm pretty impressed with the power that's for sure. I mean I guessed in the right ball park.. Didn't think it would get to the high end of it though

ZeroDCX

Established Member
I have no words..... Just..... Insane. Congrats. It must finally put you at ease to see the fruits of your labor.

You're not running a wastegated setup correct? (Interested to see the dyno chart)

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
How do you know when your making big power? When the alternator wants to leave the motor lol

Congrats on the numbers cant wait to see some more vids

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

SVTPete83

Established Member
Alternator was like **** this. I'm out. That's awesome Chris! Busted 8xx already without sweating!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So if you look on other cars you guys have a bracket on top of the alternator. I don't have that that's the issue. I do have a dyno graph I'll load tonight when I'm home. Car broke 800 with ease tho. Same pulley setup as my old setup lol. Needs a 2.95" and let it eat hahaha

Stanger00

Established Member
Wow! 800 with basically a pump gas tune that's amazing numbers there. Edit I saw you say that's with E-85 but the numbers you mentioned are good for 91 octane.

I've had the issue with the alternator flexing when I switched from a 2000 intake manifold to a 2004 2 valve intake manifold. Brackets were different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No way would I run 16psi on a high compression engine though. not ever going to mess with pump gas again. EVER lol.

yea we are building some custom ones and it'll be fine..

Here is the most current graph. Again we are not done tuning yet..
7333D81D-D24B-4612-9DBF-7841A17DED0F_zps8iuj6wqr.jpg

Stanger00

Established Member
I forgot all about the high compression! Nonetheless stoked that it's making killer power.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread