Micky Thompson street comp tires...

Chad Clark

Established Member
So I picked these up for my car, 2013 GT with a few mods. And I replaced the bald 295/35/20 nitto Invos with these in a 305/35.
My first impressions are they look great but holy crap I think the bald invos had better traction. It's still not very warm out here 50-low 60. But these things spin way easy.
Anyone else have experience with these tires? I'm pretty sure the invos were way way better for traction.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I know I make too much power for them but when I first put them on I thought something was wrong with the car, turns out they were spinning at like 1/4 throttle. It did seem like once I spun em good a few more times they improved, not sure if it's something with the release agent used in the old or what

65type1

Established Member
from my experience with the MT street comps... they require heat in the tire and warm ambient temp. Of the line they spun up pretty easy even when warm but at speed they held a line well

fordman2012

Established Member
has anyone used the MT ET street S/S tires and if so about how many miles are you getting out of them from normal driving and the occasional trip to the track.

TenaciousRock

Established Member
I saw another mustang at my gym the other day that looked pretty awesome, went to check out the tires and saw that they were 255 street comps...I wanted to find the guy and say I'm sorry lol

has anyone used the MT ET street S/S tires and if so about how many miles are you getting out of them from normal driving and the occasional trip to the track.

They're supposed to be really great tires. I asked MT that exact question, they said they'd estimate a 3,000 mile life. That's probably a little conservative since they wouldn't want to overestimate it but I'd say you'd probably be more likely to get 5,000-7,000 miles out of them*

* I've never actually used them, just basing knowledge of what they said + how long other DR options last on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread