• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Minor tune revisions......Lund/Lethal Performance

Discussion in '2013-14 Shelby GT500' started by Cman01, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Cman01

Cman01 Active Member Established Member

I've been running my Lund/Lethal tune on my GT500 the last 3 years..................no issues and very happy with how my Shelby has been running.

Now it's time I think for a tune revision...................the US Gear ISF 3:90 gear set that's been sitting in my closet will now finally get installed (spring time install being planned).

So, basically when I got my tune through LP at that time they mentioned minor tune revisions are no charge (gear swap is considered minor), however checking Lund's website it now states that minor revisions up to 3 months after getting a tune are no charge and after that period it will be $50 for a revision valid for another 3 months.

So if you had a revision the last while did you pay for one or was it free of charge?

Tony

2. Coz

Coz Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

My SCT X4 gives me options to modify things such as gear ratio, wheel diameter, auto shift points/firmness, RPM limit, etc, before loading my tune (BAMA). But some tuners lock this feature out.

Zemedici likes this.
  3. Jam421

Jam421 Jam421 Established Member

Although I've had a 2 Lund Tunes & received numerous revisions within the 3 months I didn't see a gear revision option in my SCTX4. But the last revision was an LP Race Tune which did have those gear change parameters. I essentially used that to tweak my speedo. Being your tune is already 3 years old ....if it's not in your SCT ....you could email Lund with the inquiry as they are great folks.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  4. 07 Black Beauty

07 Black Beauty Active Member Established Member

+1 on emailing Lund, I've done this in the past and they have always updated the tune. Lund has excellent customer service, I've been working with them on a remote tune and they've been phenomenal.

gimmie11s likes this.
  5. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Dont be a Hybred Established Member

Yep.. the Lund team has outstanding customer service. I wouldn't doubt if they updated you for free on the gears, but if they end up charging $50 for it, I would add something else at the same time to get my money's worth i.e. upper pulley, throttle body, headers, etc etc.

6. raustin0017

raustin0017 Active Member Established Member

Yep...$50 is on target if older than 3-months. I just got the same info and think it is a good deal.

7. jchristena

jchristena Member Established Member

Same here. Just got the same info this morning. $50 seems reasonable.

8. Snoopy49

Snoopy49 Well-Known Member Established Member

If you are just changing the gear ratio, you should be able to do that with your tuner. If it is not an option, get with Lund and have him enable the function.
    While you are at it , make sure you can change tire sizes with the tuner.

Dinosgt likes this.
  9. Cman01

So there is the option on the X4 to change gear ratios? I haven't touch the tuner in a long time (since I loaded the tune in again over 3 years ago).

I did plug it into my laptop the other day just to check on things and apparently there is a firmware update I should do on it, maybe that'll give me the options to change minor things like gear ratios and tire sizes.

However, to do the firmware update it wants me to load back in my stock tune before doing it which is a bit of a hassle. Shelby's parked now for winter storage I could flash the stock tune in, update and put my lund tune back in and see if anything new shows up in the X4 to allow me the gear change options.

10. lexustech48

lexustech48 Well-Sized Member Established Member

Lund will lock out the features on some of the tunes. Slightly annoying but 99% the tune is exactly what I need.

I paid the 50$ because I was trying different TBs for my M122. $50 was reasonable for all the requests I was making.

11. Catmonkey

Catmonkey I Void Warranties! Established Member

Unless Lund gave you access to those user options, updating the firmware will not change that fact. Plug the tuner in the car and see if you can get to those options. If you change gear ratio, input your tire size as well. Not changing the tire size will throw the speedo off if the tire diameter on the PCM is different than the VID block.

12. Cman01

I loaded my stock tune back in my car (didn't start it since it's stored now) so I could update my X4 to the latest firmware and other files.

There were 600+ files to update on my device. Once it was done I went back out to the car to put my Lund tune back in, to my surprise I got a screen with options that I can make changes to and one of them was gear ratio!!!!! :) (there was spark advance, WOT timing and other stuff............I didn't change anything just left it as Lund intended for my setup).

That's pretty cool..........when I get that gear installed I'll have the option to just change the ratio in my X4 and not have to really touch my tune for the $50 cost.

Totally awesome!!!!!!

gimmie11s likes this.