mixed opinions

thatdude305

Established Member
I have a 2001 Lightning. I will be doing some mods to it. I currently have long tubes, catback, and CAI. I will be adding an EGR delete, oil separator, upper pulley with idler and belt, BA2400, new spark plugs, and punisher valve body, and then getting it tuned. I want to put 60# injectors but there are people telling me no need to do injectors that I can keep the stock 42#ers. I also plan on doing a 4# lower pulley and possibly a killer chiller in the near fututre. My question is about the injectors?

I'm not sure if this is in the right place but I wrote this here because there are a lot of people that view here over the 2nd Gen Lightning section. Thx

thatdude305

Established Member
I will be adding a upper pulley now and a lower in the near future. Should i go with the 60#ers? I will not be upgrading the supercharger

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
60's would be safer for sure if you plan on making more power, ive heard of people even going with higher injector than that but your tuner should be willing to shed some light on that subject.

utlong31

Established Member
If your staying with the stock eaton then there's no need to upgrade the injectors unless you just want to wast your money. I have a 2000 with a 6# lower and all the supporting mods and still have the stock injectors. As Dusten mentioned above the rods will give up before the injectors will. Spend the money on something else like porting the eaton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4a7191a

Established Member
Concur. Stock injectors are fine. No need to upgrade unless doing a built motor and going with a Whipple or something of that nature.

thatdude305

Established Member
This is what everyone says on lightningrodder also. I will just stick the stock injectors and save the $400. What are your guys thoughts on valve bodies? I'm in between if I should do it or not. I've heard some people say it jumps way too much??

utlong31

Established Member
I have the punisher valve body from Woodbine Motorsport and it does kick pretty hard from 1st to 2nd but it's worth the money and not to hard to do. I recently had a set of 4:11 gears put in and love them with the valve body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread