MMR Custom Turbo Cams, FREE SHIPPING FOR SVTP Members

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
torn on cams.. I have contacted many cam manufactures regarding the choice for my build... my current set up - 4v 4.6 stroked to 5.0, with standard 18cc dish pistons .030 over, no valve reliefs, twin turbo (62's), sullivan intake w/ HPP upper, automatic 4r70w.... I want a set of turbo cams, that I do NOT have to fly cut pistons... interested in sound as well... I am shooting for approx 1K rwhp from this motor... can you tell me which cams I can use of yours that I can keep standard non-fly cut pistons to work with my motor... also, cam saddles.... do I have to notch them? I am ok with doing that... but would like a bit more info... can the cams be degreed to work, without retarding them beyond spooling at lower RPMs? please fill me in or PM me with info... HELP!?!?!?

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry for the late reply, we must have missed this post, all of the MMR cams and pretty much any cam worth a darn is going to need flycuts, otherwise they are sacraficing lift and duration at that expense. Cam saddle do need to be notched on the exh cams but usually not on the intake, if using Gt500 heads or Ford Gt heads no notching is required.

MMR

cobrasvt57

Established Member
i keep seeing these tt 5.0/5.4 4v pushing 1200+ i was just wondering is that a combination of the sullivan,67mm turbos and huge cams or can that be had using say my worked R intake and heads because this intake has huge runners but they are also longer then most. Also if more of these tt combos were using higher CPRs then there number would be even better right? Seeing most are on 9.5.1 compression.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
That type of power is more the Turbos and cams and little to do with a sullivan intake, in fact a sullivan intake has very poor distribution and favors cylinder 2 and 3 and 5 and 6, this is one reason we no longer use them or suggest them.

drusmith

Established Member
That type of power is more the Turbos and cams and little to do with a sullivan intake, in fact a sullivan intake has very poor distribution and favors cylinder 2 and 3 and 5 and 6, this is one reason we no longer use them or suggest them.

What intake do you recommend for a single 76mm on a 4v? I currently have stock '01 Cobra intake.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
For a 76mm a stock or ported 99/01 Cobra is fine, we highly recommend the MMR spacer though, this really helps with that manifold.

You can get the spacers here:

Products » 1996-2011 DOHC / COBRA/ GT500 Mustang Parts » MMR » PN#100770 MMR Intake Spacer for 99/01 Cobra and ALL Mach One

Intake%20spacer.jpg

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Quick question, I'm about to do heads and cams, going with ford gt (supercar non oem) heads and debating custom cams stage 2 or 3 turbo application from you guys.

How much would price differ and what kind of gains vs stage 2 and 3's should I expect?

I don't plan to run higher than 6750rpms, maybe once or twice 7k rpms.

-Navigator block 5.4 .020 over (3.572)
-fgt (non oem) heads (300~CFM intake side at .550-.600 lift)
-9.2/1 compression
-mainly run pump gas
-m6 "built" t56
-twin 62/65mm comp tbb's oil/water t4's 3" inlet 4" outlet .70 a/r divided flanges

I've asked for advice before but recently changed up my setup dramatically with new heads and turbos so I just wanna get your opinion one last time, sorry if I've become a sort of hassle "customer" (inquirer more so but you guys have been great so I'm happy to finally do business with you)

Edited for accurate depiction of mmr cams.

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
although we name our cams in stages they are all custom and built to order, if you are looking for the best turbo cam available you wil not find it anywhere else, send us a PM with all of your specs and we can spec out and quote you on a cam. The above stages are merely basic suggestions and are in no way considered a "shelf" cam.

MMR

MMR%20pro%20mod%20vegas%20with%20crowd%201.jpg

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
-Sullivan lower/upper
-custom dual 2.5" into oval 4" into single blade accufab throttle body (cold piping)

Thanks for the info! Sorry to call them off the shelf inappropriately, I completely misunderstood how your operation works, my apologies.

Intake wise, I have a Sullivan upper with a dual in dual out. I believe the lower is also a Sullivan. It's never been laggy so I believe it's either spaced, or "customized" to fit the 5.4 better with brackets or a plenum of sorts.

I definitely want a badass idle but drivability is more important. It's an m6 with tall gearing so 0-10mph driving characteristics are crucial. Currently the car has a 3.08 with 28" tires but I might step up to a 3.27 rear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread