Motor mounts

jdcobra

Established Member
I’m about to purchase LT headers, clutch, cooling head mod, and engine mounts. Only thing is that I don’t know what engine mounts to go with. I don’t want to add too much NVH since it’s my daily.

Looking for opinions from those who’ve purchased aftermarket motor mounts, and what they think about em.

Sorry if I didn’t post this in the right section, didn’t know if people include it in suspension or engine category.

QuickHomestead

Established Member
All aftermarket motor mounts will increase NVH. I have some from SR performance. It's my daily driver. It made a noticeable improvement in engine/drivetrain firmness which has helped my shifts. They also take up less room in the engine bay and look nicer. With that said I personally don't mind the extra noise. The worst noise for me was rod ends in my rear LCA and spherical bearing on the rear diff. Those were not tolerable to me for a street car and I had to switch to Steeda poly/poly LCA and Steeda poly UCA with factory differential bushing. I may switch to a poly diff bushing if the rubber one goes. Poly is firmer. It does absorb some vibration but does transmit more NVH than the factory rubber.

IMO poly motor mounts are not as intrusive but it is noticeable.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yeah, with aftermarket poly motor mounts, you get a slight increase in NVH but its not all that bothersome at all and theres no audible vibration.

I have the BMR kmemeber with integrated motor mounts and I really like how it changed the way the car shifts, eliminating engine deflection. BMR also makes an adjustable poly motor mount kit thats relatively inexpensive.

Users who are viewing this thread