MT82 with New Rst shifting crappy

FM58

Established Member
Anyone have their mt82 shift crappy after new clutch install? Rst clutch lightened steel flywheel new oem throw out bearing mgw race spec shifter and Amsoil mtg.
It's still in the break in period, maybe that's it but damn it .

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Define crappy. If you can't modulate the new clutch, try a Steeda clutch assist spring. If it's getting locked in gear, definitely needs to be pumped slowly, 100 times, maybe twice. I had both of these issues and I'm golden now.

FM58

Established Member
Ok, by crappy I mean at times going into 3rd it feels a little rough like a clash only at times, and today after driving for a while when down shifting it did not seem like it wanted to come out of 3rd or 2nd gear until I gave a little more force than usual . Is this all normal break in stuff to deal with? I will do some more clutch pedal pumping tomorrow, what ever it takes to get it right. Thanks all for the help. I was not having any of these issues before, just the lock out stock clutch BS.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
I did it twice 100 each time. Once with cap on once off. Had to add a little fluid after second time.

Coosawjack

Established Member
Not sure how many time I pumped mine but it was a BUNCH.......even the next day it seemed to have a little air still in it!!o_O

Good Luck!!:)

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
How is it doing now? I'm interested in upgrading to an RST or other possible options in my daily driver 2014 but I just want something problem free that will last as long as the stock clutch has so far (44,000 miles)

Users who are viewing this thread