Mustangs go for Guiness World Record attempt

JohnZ

Established Member
Mustangs go for Guinness World Record attempt

The Guinness World Book of Records was commissioned to document a world record attempt of the most cars (Mustangs only) in a continuous parade/convoy from Asheville, NC to Charlotte Motor Speedway on April, 16th, 2014. Although Asheville is looking to host several hundred Mustangs on the night of April 15th, the attempt to break the record will now take place for the cruise in from Charlotte Motor Speedway to Kannapolis, NC on Friday, April 18th.

As of this writing (February 26th) we don't have enough cars registered yet to break the 621 car record, however since there will be up to 4000 Mustangs in Charlotte for the 50th, breaking the world record seems very likely.

The world record attempt will begin at the Charlotte Motor Speedway and proceed to Kannapolis, NC for a street party with music and food and just a general 'getting to know each other, old fashioned main street cruise in', but turned up a notch...or two.

Registration for the event is only $15 and can be done via the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration website. We are taking registrations up to the end of March for this event and will accept on site registrations the evening of the cruise in.

Local officials will be on hand to count the Mustangs AT the speedway, along the route, and as they arrive in Kannapolis. A film and photography crew will be on hand to document the attempt so that accurate records will be submitted to Guinness.

Be part of this historic event and sign up now. We would like to blow the socks off the old world record that was set in Canada back in 2008. No offense to our Canadian friends, but their hockey teams slapped the American hockey teams around at the Olympics so let's bring the Mustang gold back to the states and make the Mustang world proud with a Guinness World Record!

Register here: Pony Drive Registration
at the bottom left.

JohnZ

Established Member
I put in a request to the MCA organizers for the Guinness World Record Attempt on April 18 to ask their Ford contacts to bring a 2016 Mustang GT350 (even though it would be camoed), to lead the record setting parade from Concord to Kannapolis. I will post the answer here as soon as I get it.

Any bets?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I put in a request to the MCA organizers for the Guinness World Record Attempt on April 18 to ask their Ford contacts to bring a 2016 Mustang GT350 (even though it would be camoed), to lead the record setting parade from Concord to Kannapolis. I will post the answer here as soon as I get it.

Any bets?

I bet they say no to a GT350 prototype. But this world record attempt using all mustangs offers great publicity for Ford if they want it, so I bet they will be happy to bring a new 2015 GT convertible to lead the pack.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

Register here: Pony Drive Registration
at the bottom left.

That link says $50 to register, not $15. I was gonna register since I live so close to the speedway, but at that price, I'll just follow along at the end of the convoy!

edit:
Nevermind. I saw the Kannapolis cruise link at the bottom for $15. But it's already sold out.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's not in the middle of the week. It is on a Friday night from 6:00-9:30.

Why is it sold out? It said registration would be open until the end of March, and that they would do registrations the night of the event. Seems silly to curb registrations when you're going for a record. Why not smash the record? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread