My engine block coffee table.

xhailofgunfirex

Established Member
After seeing the Range Rover Aluminum block coffee table last year I been dying to make my own engine block coffee table.

After I messed up my 4.6 mustang gt engine last year I decided it was time to make my own.

I basically bolted together two sets of rods and pistons then inserted them into the cylinders, so on one side the piston is upside down and pushed all the way down the cylinder, the other half is right side up and holds the glass up, the bottom piston/rods are gt ones and the top ones to hold the glass are stock cobra ones(flatter then gt ones).

I also decided to make my own matching cupholder/coaster, this was achieved by milling out the center section of the piston so the can would fit!

DSC01069.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

G-STANG

Established Member
Thats awesome. I plan on doing the same thing once I move into house. I would not want to move that table every couple years as I move around alot.

xhailofgunfirex

Established Member
Wait so nothing needed other than a wrench? Hmmmm

I had to drill out the threaded holes one set of the rods, I used the stock rod bolts and put the bolt through one rod and used the threaded holes in the other to have it bolted together(if that makes sense). Also for the head of the bolt to sit flush I had to use an angle grinder and grind it flat(the bolt enters from the top of the rod where its curved). So I used the grinder to grind into the curved part and make a flat area, I also had to grind the skirts off on side of the pistons so the piston would be level since it rests on the side of the rod.

Tomorrow ill take some pics of the rod piston assembly out of the block if people are curious.

So all you need to do what I did, is a drill and an angle grinder.

Last edited:

G-STANG

Established Member
Can't wait to see the other pics. How heavy was the block ? I saw a old block sitting outside the shop. It is from a lincoln ls and is a v-8 so maybe I will start tomorrow at the shop. Give me something to do lol cause it's slow.

My94GT

Established Member
i want to make one really bad i have an old 302 block i just gotta sand blast it and polish it one of these days

Thats a potential million dollar idea there my friend! Get on it before someone on here starts a thread about selling these. I would definitely buy one of these!

Users who are viewing this thread