My first Build (10.5, Boosted, E-85)

BLKFOX

Established Member
Nice, sounds good! I'd say 550 to the wheels wouldn't be out of the question at all.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
With that compression and e85, it'll run stronger than people will expect it to. Congrats man, I bet you're getting excited.

SuperMach1

Established Member
Thanks 311, I'll be more excited when I'm behind the wheel.

We were having issues with the sct 2600, I'm guessing because procharger has the MAF located right after a 90 degree bend. I went ahead and switched to a VMP slot style MAF that will located closer towards the throttle body. Today i dropped off the parts so im hoping to have the Mach back by the end of the week (fingers crossed).

SuperMach1

Established Member
Its been a while so i thought I'd update this. My car was having transmission issues on the dyno so I had to get it rebuit. Also went ahead and ordered a Circle D 3800 triple disk converter*. The transmission builder told me it would handle 850hp which is more then what i need but i can't complain. And I'm hoping to have the Mach back within in the next 2 weeks (fingers crossed).

This Sh!t is starting to get reaaaallly expensive!!! I'm just glad i haven't gave up on it.

SuperMach1

Established Member
It's Beautiful

20160323_123752.jpg

Packerfan88

Established Member
Any update? Mine engine went on 9psi with a 70mm. Just installed a build shortblock, precision 7675, have a dyno tune appointment tuesday

SuperMach1

Established Member
Any update? Mine engine went on 9psi with a 70mm. Just installed a build shortblock, precision 7675, have a dyno tune appointment tuesday

How did it go on the dyno? i still have a little work to do. I need a new procharger idler and want to add another idler between the alt and ps pulley. Just been to busy with work to get anything done.

Packerfan88

Established Member
it went ok, had fuel issues at 16psi. i think my dual warble 465's were not high enough in the division x hat so we backed it down to 13psi and she made 556 on 10 degrees of timing...still plenty left with 13psi. Sooooo i went over board and purchased a glenns performance sleeper tank, magna fuel 750, and filters. I don't think i will ever have fuel issues again. should be back on the dyno next week. ill be doing another 13psi 91 only tune for trips from az to cali, a 91/torco tune for 17psi, and a e85 tune and 20+ psi.

Packerfan88

Established Member
Went back after a glens sleeper tank and a magna fuel 750 and e85. Made 711/590 on e85. Had 1/4 tank of 91 so he didn't want to push it further so i have to run through this tank then fill it up with just e85 and see what she will do. not sure what power i want.

SuperMach1

Established Member
Sick numbers! How much boost? I recently snapped a tensioner in a half so that'll be todays work as well as a new belt. I should be back on the dyno with e85 in about 2 weeks, really hoping for 600hp.

SuperMach1

Established Member
Car made 601/521 couple weeks back and i plan on taking the car to the track this upcoming friday. Hope to hit high 10s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread