My life changed tonight...

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I was force fed Catholicism my entire life now I think they are a cult. I believe in something, but definitely not religious. Churches are good for people to express their issues on a personal level between them and God, but I really think it is more of a business than anything. Still about almighty $$. Good luck.

+1, as a young child my parents took us to church every sunday. I very rarely go anymore, maybe because my church actually states in the service that they need more money! I don't need to go to church to prove my faith. Thats just me though.

Congrats op!

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It doesn't matter what you drive, what you wear, where you go to church, if you even go to church, it doesn't matter. As long as you love him, it's all that matters!

This. I feel bad for people who've had bad experiences with churches in the past. God doesn't want your money or your stuff. He just wants you to love and respect all others that are made in His image. That's all it comes down to, guys. Everybody love everybody. I may have called you guys a bunch of hillbillies last week ove V8 swaps in RX7s - hey, nobody's perfect - but if you lived near me and you needed an extra pair of hands putting that LS1 in your RX7? I'd be there for you. :beer:

Is love, respect, and kindness towards your fellow man such a bad way to live? Have your fun and make your jokes - this is SVTP after all - but just take a second and think about it. The OP did, and he's probably happier right now than all of us. Good for him.

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
This. I feel bad for people who've had bad experiences with churches in the past. God doesn't want your money or your stuff. He just wants you to love and respect all others that are made in His image. That's all it comes down to, guys. Everybody love everybody. I may have called you guys a bunch of hillbillies last week ove V8 swaps in RX7s - hey, nobody's perfect - but if you lived near me and you needed an extra pair of hands putting that LS1 in your RX7? I'd be there for you. :beer:

Is love, respect, and kindness towards your fellow man such a bad way to live? Have your fun and make your jokes - this is SVTP after all - but just take a second and think about it. The OP did, and he's probably happier right now than all of us. Good for him.
So why does anyone need to believe in your religion, of the hundreds/thousands in existence to love everyone?

I can do it without believing your specific religion, but thanks.

And you saying he's happier than everyone else is ridiculous.

Also, if religion only wants love and peace and whatever other rosy things you can think of, why has it cause so much death? Every heard of the crusades? I guess it was all in love, though.

It's an incredibly number to determine for obvious reasons, but estimates from research average out to be almost 1 billion people throughout history have been killed over religion.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I was just simply telling everyone that I did this, I'm not trying to be a smart&&& or anything, if anyone thought of me as coming off that way, I'm sorry. But how can anyone say that Jesus didn't exist? There is scientific proof he did, if that's what people need to believe he existed. Again I'm not trying to be a rearend. I know this is the right choice for me. Thanks guys

this is funny. while you are certainly entitled to broadcast your new found "rededication" here, the least you could do is not circumvent the obscenity filter and not be a hypocrite in your follow up posts.

you just say SMARTASS since that is obviously what you are thinking and while you are not trying to be a rearend, why not just use "not trying to be an ass" again you and we all know that is what you are thinking. to pretend otherwise makes you a hypocrite.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
So why does anyone need to believe in your religion, of the hundreds/thousands in existence to love everyone?

I can do it without believing your specific religion, but thanks.

And you saying he's happier than everyone else is ridiculous.

Also, if religion only wants love and peace and whatever other rosy things you can think of, why has it cause so much death? Every heard of the crusades? I guess it was all in love, though.

It's an incredibly number to determine for obvious reasons, but estimates from research average out to be almost 1 billion people throughout history have been killed over religion.

I would never ask anyone to follow Christ, that a decision you come to yourself after careful consideration. I'm sorry you misunderstood my post. I'm glad that you feel love for everyone as well; and you're right, you don't need religion to tell you that that is a good idea. Christ works for me, and what you've got going works for you. I respect you. You're absolutely correct in stating that religion has cost countless lives. Many men have done despicable things in His name throughout history, and sadly, it will continue to happen. Such things turned me away from Christ for a long time. When a street racer kills a carload of innocents, does that make you want to sell your Mustang? Of course not; it isn't the car's fault. I will not forsake my God on account of the evil that men do.

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
I would never ask anyone to follow Christ, that a decision you come to yourself after careful consideration. I'm sorry you misunderstood my post. I'm glad that you feel love for everyone as well; and you're right, you don't need religion to tell you that that is a good idea. Christ works for me, and what you've got going works for you. I respect you. You're absolutely correct in stating that religion has cost countless lives. Many men have done despicable things in His name throughout history, and sadly, it will continue to happen. Such things turned me away from Christ for a long time. When a street racer kills a carload of innocents, does that make you want to sell your Mustang? Of course not; it isn't the car's fault. I will not forsake my God on account of the evil that men do.
The street racer who kills someone didn't have the intention of murdering and the car didn't make him do it. The person is individually in control of their car and made their own decision.

Religion has directly influenced murder from the top of organizational structure down and it's been intentional. Not by accident like the street racer and a billion people haven't been killed by a street racer.

Big difference and bad example.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I was just stating if 05slvrGT thought I was coming off as a SMART&&&, I'm sorry... Sorry you misunderstood! We cool bro?
I didn't misunderstand anything. you're continured circumvention of the obscenity asside. if you are going to THINK ass why not just type ass? to do otherwise makes you a continued hypocrite whose "rediscovery" of Jesus is now suspect at best.

OP, welcome to the A team brother. :beer: Best decision anyone can make in this life is making Jesus Lord. Also, don't allow people to condemn you for anything. The moment you made Jesus Lord His righteousness was transferred to you forever. You have right standing with God in every area of your life forever. You are not righteous because of your conduct or anything you ahve or haven't done. You are righteous because of Jesus and His finished work. Jesus is your righteousness. And the gift of righteousness He gave to you, you simply can not lose because its a gift to begin with.

So reject all condemnation and pay no mind to those Pharisee type people who love to condemn people for any mistake they make or who love to finger point or put people down over any fault they have. No one can live a perfect life in act, deed and thought. When you know that you are the righteousness of God in Christ, no one has any right to condemn you. And that's right out of the Bible and more Christians need to walk in that truth on daily basis. :rockon:

Btw...open up the book of Proverbs and grab a highlighter. Underline every verse that contains the word 'righteous' and 'good man.' All those promises and blessings that belong to the righteous belong to you. So speak them frequently and claim them in Jesus' name and expect to see them in your life. The Christian walk is not about right doing, its about right believing. And the more you believe right and understand who you are in Christ Jesus, the more your conduct and every aspect of your life will change. It may not happen overnight, but the more you confess that you are righteous and the more you are conscious of that right standing in Christ, you will see those blessings manifest in your life.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Congrats man! I'm reading this book right now called The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism You might want to check it out :beer:

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
Praise_3794c1_654754.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread