My life changed tonight...

Ill_W1N

Established Member
I feel sorrow for the guys who deny Him. What will you say to Him the day He comes back and He asks you why you denied Him? He died for all of us, why is that so hard to accept?

I feel sorry for the people that dedicate their lives to a money profiting cult. Who's to say there even was a jesus? what makes you believe you chose the right religion? Because someone told you that's why. I have an idea, try thinking for yourself. If your curious about god and jesus and afraid of dying and whats going to happen, then go out in the world, study every single religion known to man. Every god there ever was and why people believe what they believe. Then "choose wisely." Or just live a good life and whatever happens happens. I don't need to "accept" anyone as my "savor."

Ill_W1N

Established Member
And you really think a microscopic ball of energy existing in a non existent space that suddenly expanded creating the universe is more legit?

It's a funny picture. How did you get from a picture what I believe? I don't know what I believe, do I believe there's a god, yes. Do I believe in religion? No. Guess I'm going to that fiery place your soooo afraid of going to. As long as I live a good life that's all that matters. I'm not going to spend it dedicating it to what someone told me is true that I have no first hand experience with my own eyes is true. Sorry.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I feel sorry for the people that dedicate their lives to a money profiting cult. Who's to say there even was a jesus? what makes you believe you chose the right religion? Because someone told you that's why. I have an idea, try thinking for yourself. If your curious about god and jesus and afraid of dying and whats going to happen, then go out in the world, study every single religion known to man. Every god there ever was and why people believe what they believe. Then "choose wisely." Or just live a good life and whatever happens happens. I don't need to "accept" anyone as my "savor."

-There is historical documentation.

-Faith

-Done

truefiveo

Established Member
Man, I had no idea people would react like this... Thanks to everyone that has congratulated me and the ones against me... I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I know this is the right choice for me, and I will continue to proclaim my lord and savior JESUS CHRIST!

Yea I figured you had thick skin to post a thread like this:beer:
Believe in what you want in this short life, just don't feel like your superior to others who do not!

Last edited:

CobraBoatDan

Water Snake
Established Member
No one forced me to accept Jesus, I chose to. I did think for myself, I got invited to church by a friend and I felt a presence and power unlike anything I have ever felt in my entire life, that was enough for me. I was never forced to give money, I do give, but because I want to, so it's definitely not about the church getting money. Since then my life has completely turned around, and there is no other reason for that than God's works and power. You can tell me that I'm wrong, and that there is no God all you want, but I know that there is, and you will never convince me otherwise.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Man, I had no idea people would react like this... Thanks to everyone that has congratulated me and the ones against me... I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I know this is the right choice for me, and I will continue to proclaim my lord and savior JESUS CHRIST!

It's because you write up a post about your new found religion. Your going to get different opinions and some people are not going to agree with you. Some people have a different view than that of yours. So expect this type of reaction.

What does it mean to "live a good life" when every day you are failing and doing and thinking and speaking all kinds of evil things? Everyone does. If people were honest and wrote down every wrong or evil thing they thought, desired, did and spoke every day...you wouldn't have any basis to say you are "living a good life." Its also ironic that you talk about "living a good life" which whether you are conscious of it or not, suggests living under a system of Law, or meeting a set of perfect standards of behavior and performance.

So let me guess...you think "living a good life" equates to not robbing people, stealing , murdering, cheating, llying etc. which in turn becomes not breaking any of the 10 commandments? No one can "live a good life" and be justified by their behavior or performance by a righteous God that demands perfect obedience and respect and honor and love towards their fellow man that He created and loves more than you can fathom or understand.

And because no one can ever live to such a standard of perfection in their performance, they must either be held responsible for all the times they fail and wish and desire and do evil to others OR they must find someone to take full responsibility for all the wrong they've done, desired and spoken against people that God loves. And if you can't find someone to take your place for all the wrong you've done and spoken and desired towards other people, then you have to pay that penalty. I don't think you understand just how rotten and evil people are and can be on a daily basis towards other people.

No sir. You commit more evil on a daily basis than you could ever do good. Most people aren't honest about that though. And yes the things you say out of your mouth MATTER. Your actions aren't the only things that MATTER. People tear down, hurt and destroy people every day with their words. Some choose to build up, encourage and lift up people with their words. Your mouth is a powerful weapon and what you say is as powerful as what you do.

And a righteous God does not say, "Boys will be boys." No a righteous God says that someone must pay for your wrong. A righteous God does not allow people to get away with wronging other people. A righteous and loving God says, "I'm going to send you a perfect sacrifice to take responsbibility for all your wrong, EVEN THOUGH YOU have done nothing to deserve that." And in the process, I'm also going to make you forgiven and righteous forever.

And its not because you deserve it because you haven't done anything whatsoever to deserve it. In fact, if we went by what you deserved, you would deserve so much worse.

You see you could never live a "good enough life" to stand before a righteous God who doesn't commit evil towards people like you do when you feel like it or 'feel' justified in doing. No you could never 'do' enough good things to outweigh all the evil you've done and spoken and desired and perpetrated against people in your entire life.

Everyone needs a Savior. And that's what Jesus is to all humanity. He justifies the ungodly.

Last edited:

CobraBoatDan

Water Snake
Established Member

They need a like button on this. Sorry for kind of hijacking your topic there, but I will stand up for my God to those who speak against Him.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
I feel sorrow for the guys who deny Him. What will you say to Him the day He comes back and He asks you why you denied Him? He died for all of us, why is that so hard to accept?

Denying who? God? Jesus?

I personally have no faith on the human end of regligion, call me blind but why should I go to a church or have someone preach to about the works of god. The good and the bad, his healing hand and wrath. He is all around and all knowing. We are not. I will never revolve my life around Jesus or any other figure.

Op- like a few others have said, if this brings you happiness and content; more power to you,

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Atheist here. Have fun wasting your sundays jesus people. I'll be out riding jet skis and sky diving while you spend 2 hours of your life drinking terrible wine and eating cardboard/bread. Religion is for the weak. I want nothing to do with an afterlife. This life is hard enough. Even if there was any sort of afterlife as in heaven or hell, I will definitely concur with Mark Twain and go to hell for the company and heaven for the climate.

Last edited:

Ill_W1N

Established Member
What does it mean to "live a good life" when every day you are failing and doing and thinking and speaking all kinds of evil things? Everyone does. If people were honest and wrote down every wrong or evil thing they thought, desired, did and spoke every day...you wouldn't have any basis to say you are "living a good life." Its also ironic that you talk about "living a good life" which whether you are conscious of it or not, suggests living under a system of Law, or meeting a set of perfect standards of behavior and performance.

So let me guess...you think "living a good life" equates to not robbing people, stealing , murdering, cheating, llying etc. which in turn becomes not breaking any of the 10 commandments? No one can "live a good life" and be justified by their behavior or performance by a righteous God that demands perfect obedience and respect and honor and love towards their fellow man that He created and loves more than you can fathom or understand.

And because no one can ever live to such a standard of perfection in their performance, they must either be held responsible for all the times they fail and wish and desire and do evil to others OR they must find someone to take full responsibility for all the wrong they've done, desired and spoken against people that God loves. And if you can't find someone to take your place for all the wrong you've done and spoken and desired towards other people, then you have to pay that penalty. I don't think you understand just how rotten and evil people are and can be on a daily basis towards other people.

No sir. You commit more evil on a daily basis than you could ever do good. Most people aren't honest about that though. And yes the things you say out of your mouth MATTER. Your actions aren't the only things that MATTER. People tear down, hurt and destroy people every day with their words. Some choose to build up, encourage and lift up people with their words. Your mouth is a powerful weapon and what you say is as powerful as what you do.

And a righteous God does not say, "Boys will be boys." No a righteous God says that someone must pay for your wrong. A righteous God does not allow people to get away with wronging other people. A righteous and loving God says, "I'm going to send you a perfect sacrifice to take responsbibility for all your wrong, EVEN THOUGH YOU have done nothing to deserve that." And in the process, I'm also going to make you forgiven and righteous forever.

And its not because you deserve it because you haven't done anything whatsoever to deserve it. In fact, if we went by what you deserved, you would deserve so much worse.

You see you could never live a "good enough life" to stand before a righteous God who doesn't commit evil towards people like you do when you feel like it or 'feel' justified in doing. No you could never 'do' enough good things to outweigh all the evil you've done and spoken and desired and perpetrated against people in your entire life.

Everyone needs a Savior. And that's what Jesus is to all humanity. He justifies the ungodly.

-There is historical documentation.

-Faith

-Done

lol historical documentation, yeah okay. Have you seen this historical documentation? Or are you talking about a bible that was written by who knows who that has been rewritten thousands of times?

Your religion teaches that if you do not accept Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior you will burn for eternity in hell. More or less. No matter if you are a good person, or are equally devout in another faith. The religion you have is hugely dependent on the time and place of your birth. If God chose to have you born today to a poor family in India, your chances of converting to christianity to be saved are near zero. If you were born in South America before the conquistador's came, you were not going to hear about Jesus. In essence, God chooses certain people to burn for eternity and they have no say in the matter?

Religion is like football. Everyone wants to believe their home team is special, but the fact is they only think so because they were born there.

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member

Wow! What is wrong with the youth of today? Do you really not believe that Jesus was an actual person?

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Wow! What is wrong with the youth of today? Do you really not believe that Jesus was an actual person?

Jesus was a real person. But that just makes him man, not divine. I can tell stories all day of how epic I was at turning water into wine but unless theres scientific evidence to back it up, it's simple malarky.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Wow, so much hate and negativity here. If you don't agree with the OPs decision why post? To feel good about yourself making fun of someone for their faith? He is obviously excited and felt like sharing it. Just like many of you are excited when you get new wheels and post about them. People take things too far. :nonono:

OP, congrats on your new found happiness.

Thank god for people like you, reviving my hope and faith in humanity.

Users who are viewing this thread