My new toy. Deuce and a half

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
I had been wanting one of these for awhile because they're AWESOME offroad and just cool as shit in general. I began the hunt a couple weeks ago and had a local member of another forum with one he would sell PM me. I looked at it the next day and left a deposit on it. I paid for it and got the title this weekend and now I'm just patiently waiting (or trying to) for DMV and USAA's commercial insurance line to open tomorrow morning so I can take care of the paperwork and bring it home. Here's a couple cell phone pics with my lifted F250 for now, I'll update the thread with better pics tomorrow after I pick it up. I can't wait to run some shit over!!!

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0320.jpg

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
THAT is ****ing cool! And the fact that your actually going to offroad it and have fun with it is awesome. Im stoked to see what you do to it as far as paint and mods! Badass

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Ohh it will definitely see a lot of off road as well as on road driving, it definitely won't be a driveway queen.

So far I've ordered 4 24V KC daylighter flood lights 2 of which I'm going to use as extra headlights and the other two as backup lights aswell as 2 long range daylighters and 24V bulbs for them I'm going to mount higher and use for offroad lights. I also bought a dc-dc power converter so I can install a 12V hornblaster train horn kit. I'll also be adding a big Knaack job box and painting it to carry guns and tools in.

Next up on the mod list is the 53" super single tires, locking hubs, a locking diff in the front (maybe spool since I'll have lockin hubs). I'm also picking up the troop carrier sides, the bows for the canvas top and the canvas top from the guy I bought the truck with for a extra $500. He also said he would sell me a M105 trailer with the sides, top and bows for $500 since he has 30 of them.

I think I'm going to leave the paint as is, it was completely repainted by the military in 97 and sold a couple years later and the seller had kept it in one of his airport hangers ever since. The truck doesn't need anything, it is truely perfect but I can't leave anything along. My mind keeps telling me it NEEDS a train horn, super singles, locking diff, etc, etc.

RedDemon91

Established Member
WIN! I've always wanted a Deuce, how much did you pick it up for if you don't mind me asking OP?

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
M34s are nasty...would make an awesome DD.

what motor did you get? i know there are like 4-5 different engine options from I6 Gas to Cat Diesels.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
WIN! I've always wanted a Deuce, how much did you pick it up for if you don't mind me asking OP?

The truck was only $3500 with 21K miles 930 hours, and a bunch of extra crap and its the winch model. This one was also already registered with a title so no paperwork to do to get one.

M34s are nasty...would make an awesome DD.

what motor did you get? i know there are like 4-5 different engine options from I6 Gas to Cat Diesels.

I'm tagging it with antique tags so I won't be able to DD it but I can still drive it whenever I want for pleasure. I'm not sure exactly which engine it has, the guy told me a bunch of times but I don't recall, I'll write all that stuff down though when I go back out monday morning to drive it home. It's a turbo diesel multifuel though. It will run on anything but aircraft grade gasoline. Diesel fuel, kerosene, jet fuel, vegatable oil, engine oil, transmission fluid, gear oil, and gas as long as you mix in 1qt of oil per 10 gallons to help lubricate the seals.

ponypwr

Established Member
Xtreme 4x4 on spike tv is doing a series on a wildly moded duece anda half, might wanna check it out.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Xtreme 4x4 on spike tv is doing a series on a wildly moded duece anda half, might wanna check it out.

That truck has actually been done for awhile and it's current owner had it up for sale. I can't see the listing anymore on the steelsoldiers.com classifieds so I guess it sold this weekend. The price was $18000. Nice deuce but not worth anywhere near $18K, you could duplicate it with $10K easily.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Found one not too far from me :banana:

M35A2 DEUCE AND A HALF 6x6

Didn't realize how cheap these things are.

That's a really clean one, but you can find ones in the same condition for less. Check out the classifieds on steelsoldiers.com. There are a ton of guys on their in FL and I bet you can find a nice one for $3-5K no problem. They also put on a badass offroad rally in FL every year. I'm buying a 25K GVW gooseneck trailer to tow it long distances to offroad rallys like that, we're gonna find out just how much a F250 will tow. I know the transmission is going to hate me.

Here's some vids from the 2010 florida rally.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg7wVZjPXzE&feature=related"]YouTube - Steel Soldiers - Florida 2010 Summer Rally - Clip 3[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=numnsS6ZiCo&feature=related"]YouTube - Steel Soldiers - Florida 2010 Summer Rally - Clip 6[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpN1PzN51Gs&feature=related"]YouTube - Steel Soldiers - Florida 2010 Summer Rally - Clip 7[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek-RMM099e0&feature=related"]YouTube - Steel Soldiers - Florida 2010 Summer Rally - Clip 9[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioBZbeY74BU"]YouTube - Steel Soldiers November 2010 Richloam Trail Ride[/nomedia]

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I'm buying one when I get my new place. My current HOA already has enacted rules regarding trucks due to myself and my friends.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Actually, Extreme did a show today with their bobbed 5 ton, which is even bigger than the Duece.

So where you keepin that thing?

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
I think you'll find those are all reruns, the truck they did sold to its third owner since the build this weekend.

I'm going to park it here at my house in falls church, come by after I get it and we can cruise up to chipotle in it or something.

RedDemon91

Established Member
That's a really clean one, but you can find ones in the same condition for less. Check out the classifieds on steelsoldiers.com. There are a ton of guys on their in FL and I bet you can find a nice one for $3-5K no problem. They also put on a badass offroad rally in FL every year. I'm buying a 25K GVW gooseneck trailer to tow it long distances to offroad rallys like that, we're gonna find out just how much a F250 will tow. I know the transmission is going to hate me.

Here's some vids from the 2010 florida rally.

YouTube - Steel Soldiers - Florida 2010 Summer Rally - Clip 3

YouTube - Steel Soldiers - Florida 2010 Summer Rally - Clip 6

YouTube - Steel Soldiers - Florida 2010 Summer Rally - Clip 7

YouTube - Steel Soldiers - Florida 2010 Summer Rally - Clip 9

YouTube - Steel Soldiers November 2010 Richloam Trail Ride

Do you know a lot about these? If I would have known how cheap these were I would have started saving a lot sooner. Do you know what kind of things to look for and what's a good deal, etc with these trucks?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Do you know a lot about these? If I would have known how cheap these were I would have started saving a lot sooner. Do you know what kind of things to look for and what's a good deal, etc with these trucks?

there are usually a few for sale off of 46 right before 415. There is a crane company there and I usually see a few for sale there. I pass by it on the way to 5A/Osteen to mud.

Users who are viewing this thread