My new toy. Deuce and a half

RedDemon91

Established Member
there are usually a few for sale off of 46 right before 415. There is a crane company there and I usually see a few for sale there. I pass by it on the way to 5A/Osteen to mud.

Hmmm looks like I'll be taking a little drive out there in the near future.

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Congrats on the Deuce. I bought mine several weeks ago in Georgia. $4000.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Do you know a lot about these? If I would have known how cheap these were I would have started saving a lot sooner. Do you know what kind of things to look for and what's a good deal, etc with these trucks?

Not a whole lot but I've been doing quite a bit of research on them. That's the same thing I said too, I always liked them but never realized how cheap they are, sure $3-5K is a little bit of money for a toy but it's really not bad especially for what you get.

You really need to check out each individual truck, you want to look for axle seals leaking which is common, engine leaks, air leaks and rust. There's really no known problems with vehicles, they are overbuilt like crazy and very reliable especially the A2's with the manual transmissions. I would suggest reading up on steel soldiers. If you make a post in the deuce section saying your looking to buy one and ask some questions you'll get some messages from people with them for sale and messages from people telling you where you can buy them. SS is a very good community.

Congrats on the Deuce. I bought mine several weeks ago in Georgia. $4000.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Damn thats a deal if the truck was like that when you bought it. People will pay good money for those tires and the top and troop carrier sides go for a extra $500-750.

I can't wait to bring mine home in the morning, I want to run something over so freaking bad.

The only thing I can't decide is what I want to get for the tag. You can get personal character combo's for antique tags in VA but your limited to 6 characters/spaces.

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I'm tagging it with antique tags so I won't be able to DD it but I can still drive it whenever I want for pleasure. I'm not sure exactly which engine it has, the guy told me a bunch of times but I don't recall, I'll write all that stuff down though when I go back out monday morning to drive it home. It's a turbo diesel multifuel though. It will run on anything but aircraft grade gasoline. Diesel fuel, kerosene, jet fuel, vegatable oil, engine oil, transmission fluid, gear oil, and gas as long as you mix in 1qt of oil per 10 gallons to help lubricate the seals.

okay that kinda clears it up...you more than likely have an M35 with the 7.8 Inline 6 in it...they are are rated in the area of 180HP and 330Ftlbs.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Yeah it is a inline 6. He told me there was two different turbo diesels that came in it and told me which engine it was several times but I don't recall. I definitely need to write down what is is though. The HP seems about right to what the seller told me.

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
Hey man I see your located Northern Va. I live in Gainesville, where do you offroad this thing? It would be neat to see.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
that is a sick truck. always a favorite of mine man have fun with that thing

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Hey man I see your located Northern Va. I live in Gainesville, where do you offroad this thing? It would be neat to see.

I have property all around I'm going to take it to. I actually bought it from a guy in new baltimore just south of gainesville on 29, he owns the airport there near gainesville and supposedly has hangers full of military vehicles and stuff. I did see a nice swamp there on 29 right before that new shopping center on the right headed south I wouldn't mind running it through but I didn't see a good entrance.

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
I know some people that off road at the "power-lines" off of Linton Hall. It goes for awhile. Usually a blast.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
I know some people that off road at the "power-lines" off of Linton Hall. It goes for awhile. Usually a blast.

Thanks, I'll have to look it up. I might make a little detour on the way back. My brother is going out with me to drive the F250 back so maybe we'll go get both of them muddy.

Do you know if the power lines are really tight? lots of mud?

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
No they are wide open and there is tons of mud. We got my buddies F-150 buried where the frame was sitting on the ground last weekend. there are two entrances. The one has like a hidden entrance by the waste management plant while the other one is obvious and right off of linton hall.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Who repairs these things when they break? Do they break lol? I'm curious as that price is super low for such a badass ride. How do you insure something like this? I watched those videos and when they get stuck it' snice to have a few other big trucks around to pull you out but what if you're by yourself will the winch actually pull that big truck out?

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
No they are wide open and there is tons of mud. We got my buddies F-150 buried where the frame was sitting on the ground last weekend. there are two entrances. The one has like a hidden entrance by the waste management plant while the other one is obvious and right off of linton hall.

Nice, yes I see both entrances on google maps, the hidden one appears to go to some gravel parking lot right by the power lines right?

Have you ever had a problem with cops there? Are there obvious no trespassing signs or anything?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
you go out to scottsmore or anything? i ahev yet to get there. I have been to the bunnel mud bogs a few times.

We usually head out to 5A off of maytown road. It's really the only place I've been since I just moved back and I never had a truck before. We've gone a bunch and camped a few times.

Scottsmoor is right by the 95 entrance off of Stuckway. Isn't it the same place?

Some friends want to hit up Canaveral groves soon. I've never been there but I've heard it's got some deep water.

Users who are viewing this thread