My new toy. Deuce and a half

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Who repairs these things when they break? Do they break lol? I'm curious as that price is super low for such a badass ride. How do you insure something like this? I watched those videos and when they get stuck it' snice to have a few other big trucks around to pull you out but what if you're by yourself will the winch actually pull that big truck out?

They're pretty easy to work on if you have the right tools but rarely break. I found a guy about 30 minutes from me that has a truck shop and collects him themself so I'm sure he works on them. My understanding is that they are pretty damn tough though.

Most insurace companies can insure them but you'll have to call and spend a little time on the phone. I got a lady at USAA that handles commercial insurance and she got me a policy through progressive. It came out to $819 a year for full coverage.

Having other big trucks is always a plus, 6 wheel drive doesn't mean you won't get stuck, it means you'll get stuck in worse places. The winches are very nice though and are PTO driven. Everything on these trucks are seriously overbuilt.

kwkshift

Established Member
That's pretty damn sick. I remember driving the crap out of those things in the Army and we couldn't break them. I shake my head at some of those memories! They things are over-built, that's for sure.

Just for future reference, the front bumper will make a mess out of a Hyundai Sonata. :rolling:

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
We usually head out to 5A off of maytown road. It's really the only place I've been since I just moved back and I never had a truck before. We've gone a bunch and camped a few times.

Scottsmoor is right by the 95 entrance off of Stuckway. Isn't it the same place?

Some friends want to hit up Canaveral groves soon. I've never been there but I've heard it's got some deep water.

Yeah i believe Scottsmoor is at the same exit as Oak Hill...thats all i remember. I always see it when we take I95 to OSW.

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
I think the engine is called "Atlas Multifuel". I just recently started getting on Steel Soldiers and it seems like an awesome community.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
some good pics...a few are bobbed..
sirdeuce.jpg

17954005-039-1972-Deuce-and-half-Bobbed-w53s-TurboD.jpg

Deuce.jpg

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
They are very overbuilt axles, but strap a couple of those axles under a Jeep chassis behind a worked over third gen LS engine and bolt on some big tires and people break them like crazy. A few companies make crazy expensive parts for em, but I doubt you'll need that for basic mudding with a sluggish diesel engine.

Oh and Cory, if you do get that thing, take it to the Cars and Coffee over in Great Falls, MD. Some dude rolled in one time last year in a Unimog and people were gawking just as much as some Ferraris.

Last edited:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Buddy of mine just got one...he checked on the price to do 46in tires and the wheels needed supposedly....2700 bucks...which is about what he paid for the truck lol.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Oh and Cory, if you do get that thing, take it to the Cars and Coffee over in Great Falls, MD. Some dude rolled in one time last year in a Unimog and people were gawking just as much as some Ferraris.

I was actually thinking about taking it to the one this past weekend if I picked it up in time, I figured most people would say "WTF?". Navigating that area would suck a little but would probably be doable.

Buddy of mine just got one...he checked on the price to do 46in tires and the wheels needed supposedly....2700 bucks...which is about what he paid for the truck lol.

They are expensive but my understanding is they're worth it if you offroad a lot and are also better for highway because of the increased speed. Keep in mind the truck also has 11 9X20 NDT's including the spare that will bring $150-200 per wheel and tire depending on the tread condition. My plan is to buy 8 single wheels and tires and have 2 spare. Before the tires though I'm going to do a locker or spool in the front and locking hubs because thats better for offroading than just upgrading the tires. The locking hubs also makes it more driveable on the street and they don't eat through axle seals as quick.

]sVt[Po|son

Established Member
I was actually thinking about taking it to the one this past weekend if I picked it up in time, I figured most people would say "WTF?". Navigating that area would suck a little but would probably be doable.

They are expensive but my understanding is they're worth it if you offroad a lot and are also better for highway because of the increased speed. Keep in mind the truck also has 11 9X20 NDT's including the spare that will bring $150-200 per wheel and tire depending on the tread condition. My plan is to buy 8 single wheels and tires and have 2 spare. Before the tires though I'm going to do a locker or spool in the front and locking hubs because thats better for offroading than just upgrading the tires. The locking hubs also makes it more driveable on the street and they don't eat through axle seals as quick.

I'm glad I check this thread. Looks good, I bet you will have a lot of fun with it.

My dad has been wanting something like that for a minute, can you send me links or more info on where I can find some good deals on them?

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Check out the classifieds on steelsoldiers.com they have a bunch of deuces for sale on there all across the US.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Yeah i believe Scottsmoor is at the same exit as Oak Hill...thats all i remember. I always see it when we take I95 to OSW.

yeah sounds about the same area.

I'm gonna try and get people to go next weekend...should be fun after all the rain we are supposed to get this week.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
that is a ****ing beast. i've seen a couple driving around before, but i just assumed they were military transport. i didn't know you could actually buy them. and for less than 5 grand. that is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread