My Race Red Track Pack 2016 GT350

rmurer

Established Member
whoa excuse my ignorance for never have opened a oil filter but where does all that garbage come from? Didn't expect colored crap like that.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
whoa excuse my ignorance for never have opened a oil filter but where does all that garbage come from? Didn't expect colored crap like that.

It's a bunch of thread sealant and 'lock-tite' from various fasteners. It's easily the worst I've seen on any new Ford engine. My guess would be that, unlike most engines, nearly every bolt in this engine has some lock-tite on it to counter the effects of the FPC harmonics. It's the same reason the oil filter has to be torqued down.

rmurer

Established Member
It's a bunch of thread sealant and 'lock-tite' from various fasteners. It's easily the worst I've seen on any new Ford engine. My guess would be that, unlike most engines, nearly every bolt in this engine has some lock-tite on it to counter the effects of the FPC harmonics. It's the same reason the oil filter has to be torqued down.

Thanks for the explanation! Makes a ton of sense :)

thehunterooo

Established Member
Can't wait for the rear seat write up, I want one bad.

Think you can weigh as many things as possible, like the seats/belts and the delete piece itself. Interesting to get a ballpark on just how much weight is actually saved, I have not seen any solid numbers but some guesses of about 25-30 pounds.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
5 DOT O said:
The steering wheel will be much easier to install than changing the oil.

Truer words were never spoken.

A nice long screw is always better than a short poke and twist.
This comment did not go unnoticed.
:-D

Can't wait for the rear seat write up, I want one bad.

Think you can weigh as many things as possible, like the seats/belts and the delete piece itself. Interesting to get a ballpark on just how much weight is actually saved, I have not seen any solid numbers but some guesses of about 25-30 pounds.

I weighed everything when I added the LS RSD to my GT500. Savings indeed, right around 30lbs. I'd guess this will be less than that but we shall see. I'll try to get going on it soon.

I did swap steering wheels today. It was interesting taking a closer look with the airbag removed and the wheel outside the car. One of my bezels was cracked so I was very glad I received a new set along with the R wheel (thanks again Mike!).

zIMG_1613.jpg

zIMG_1616.jpg

zIMG_1619.jpg

A very subtle touch. The red works perfect on a RR car.

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
Seeing that front splitter makes we want to go check out my neighbors car and see if its like that.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Always enjoy reading your threads, Tob. Beautiful car.

Thanks man.

Seeing that front splitter makes we want to go check out my neighbors car and see if its like that.

Ever check it out?

Just a heads up. I finished installing Ford Racing's M-6346612-M S550 Rear Seat Delete yesterday. A very nice, quality kit, that fit like a glove. A nice slice of fat gets trimmed too. Writeup should be up tomorrow unless Sofia Vergara shows up at my doorstep again :p.

Dusten

Established Member
Thanks man.

Ever check it out?

Just a heads up. I finished installing Ford Racing's M-6346612-M S550 Rear Seat Delete yesterday. A very nice, quality kit, that fit like a glove. A nice slice of fat gets trimmed too. Writeup should be up tomorrow unless Sofia Vergara shows up at my doorstep again :p.
No, i was on eves, so I never saw him

Snoopy49

Established Member
First up, the over-assissted clutch pedal spring (or springs on the GT350). The only generation Mustang I've never owned or driven were the Farrah Fawcett abominations. The assist would be great if you just had major knee surgery or have extremely small/weak leg muscles. Far too dainty for my tastes (much like the shifter mechanism - nothing there but air) and apparently much of the enthusiast demographic as well. Early on, many were simply yanking the spring assembly from the clutch pedal. Some experimented with different rate springs. The consensus is that something needs to be there, if for anything, to keep the pedal all the way up once it is released from your foot.

It can be tricky to remove and apparently if you break any of the hardware you have to buy an entire pedal assembly in order to replace some simple pieces. So I carefully removed the assembly. Note - the Mustang GT uses a single spring while the GT350 uses two very different springs. The last photo shows what I changed my assembly to.

IMG_1053.jpg

While the pedal is still rather "light" it feels far more linear. To whoever signed off on this one - swallow your pride, revisit heavier pedal assemblies and please choose more men that wear flannel shirts for your focus groups (callous hands should be mandatory too). And lay off the "but then it wouldn't be balanced" crap because the shifter is far too metrosexual as well. You aren't seeing the same level of complaint there because the aftermarket hasn't responded yet. When they do, and it won't be long, the Camaro shifter assemblies will be getting yanked as well.

Does the pedal assembly have a return spring at the top of the clutch pedal arm in addition to the OC spring? Can you post any pictures of the pedal assembly?

Snoopy49

Established Member
Thanks for the picture, that explains why you replaced the spring instead of just removing it altogether. There was no other pedal return spring in the assembly.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
zIMG_2091-Edit%20not%20embedded.jpg

zIMG_2099-Edit%20embedded.jpg

zIMG_2106-Edit.jpg

___zzzz12.jpg

Quick update. I've been running Bob's separators for a few weeks now in place of the Ford Racing units. A really sweet kit that gives me the drains I was looking for in the first place. Writeup to come. I also have a couple of interesting pieces from Bruce at Full Tilt Boogie to get on the car that I'm looking forward to.

I'm continuously aware of the improvement in the shifting department with the new MGW shifter. I honestly smile when banging shifts at elevated rpm levels in the car. It makes the driveline feel robust and substantial instead of the Toyota-like "lightness" in stock form.

In other words, I really like this car.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Original order went in on February 3rd. From inception, I wanted gloss, ala the R wheel. When I got the call that the wheels had arrived in the US I talked it over with Paul about doing a custom finish, hence the added cost (N4S is now offering gloss on new wheels and those I believe come with the next R-Spec shipment).

_N4S%20Invoice%20CLEAN.jpg

_N4S%20tracking%20Clean.jpg

__________CAT.jpg

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator

Yes. The R-spec wheels from them match the CF R wheel specifications. There are a number of custom finishes available beyond the standard satin black/silver. Here's Paul from N4S in his newly acquired GT350 with an interesting hue on R-specs. Forgive some of his Mustang facts as I think he's a bit green on pony cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rEOT5HHURo

Standard finish... https://project6gr.com/product-category/rims/standard/

Custom finish... https://project6gr.com/product-category/rims/custom/

Tob, Is your stock decklid panel for sale? I tried to PM you, your box is full.

Hey Randy. I plan on hanging onto it for the next owner as the stock panel with badge is priced a bit on the silly side. You damage yours?

I dumped some pm's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread