N/A Boss cars are super slow?

justinsstang

Established Member
What 1/8 mile times are people looking at with all motor on a Boss intake? I have a stock suspension (with the exception of Eibach springs) with a boss intake/JLT cai, Lund 93 tune, O/R X, MT82 car. Sitting on Vossen 20x10.5 in the rear with a NT05R 315 wide tire. Spinning to around 7300-7400 RPM. This 2011 car was only trapping 89 lol, was spinning even with slipping the clutch on the drag radial, so 60ft was terrible, but it still should be ET/MPH better than it was unless the boss is really that bad on N/A cars. Also it is a premium track pack full weight car
It was super cold last night and couldn't hook worth a shit, but my times are way slower than I expected even for an NA boss car.

My last 2014 car with stock intake, MGW & BMR suspension, off road X with gt500 mufflers, lund 93 tune, sway bar delete and sitting on AM replica GT500 19" wheels with 285 wide continental street tires ran a 7.65 @ 92.

Just curious what other boss intake cars are running with similar mods, because the boss setup is coming off if this is what I can expect from a manual NA setup with it lol

Last edited:

TheBorkinator

Established Member
My dad's car has a similar setup except he also has longtubes and LCAs (435whp). He was trapping around 93 last time we went together.

What's your final drive? His is 3.73 and he's trapping right at the very top of 3rd.

justinsstang

Established Member
I have 3.73 gears as well

It should run better when it's cold. It was 45 degrees when I went that night, just couldn't hook. Oh well, I'll try again when I get a 70ish degree day again

justinsstang

Established Member
Hmm I don't have a lot of track experience, mostly roll races.

I was under the impression that even if you're spinning (and I was, couldn't cut below a 1.9 that night) the trap would still be quite similar. Am I mistaken?

96gt02

Established Member
The boss I/M is terrible on non Boss cars, however the number should be extremely close between the two cars given the same conditions with the Boss getting the very slight edge

Stang Lover

Established Member
It's not as bad as people think. You got people that just throw the intake on and nothing else and say the manifold sucks. Heck you got boss IM cars in the 10's NA so that's says something there. I'll be getting some L&M intake cams as well so that will help out. I ended up getting mine ported just to help close the gap between that and the CJ.

justinsstang

Established Member
True^
That's not the case here though. As mentioned above I took my 2014 with tune, mid pipe, basic bmr suspension setup and mgw shifter down the track on a Continental street tire and ran a 1.73 60ft at 7.65@92.

Took the same car with a Paxton on it on the same Continental street tire with a 1.59 60ft at 7.13@101.

Maybe just poor traction was killing my mph & ET. Just doesn't seem right that it should only be hitting 89mph even with it being that cold out/causing spinning off the line.

Rct851

Established Member
I thought over the years the boss intake was good for about 2mph as long as it was being shifted high enough.

dabmajor

Established Member
What 1/8 mile times are people looking at with all motor on a Boss intake? I have a stock suspension (with the exception of Eibach springs) with a boss intake/JLT cai, Lund 93 tune, O/R X, MT82 car. Sitting on Vossen 20x10.5 in the rear with a NT05R 315 wide tire. Spinning to around 7300-7400 RPM. This 2011 car was only trapping 89 lol, was spinning even with slipping the clutch on the drag radial, so 60ft was terrible, but it still should be ET/MPH better than it was unless the boss is really that bad on N/A cars. Also it is a premium track pack full weight car
It was super cold last night and couldn't hook worth a shit, but my times are way slower than I expected even for an NA boss car.

My last 2014 car with stock intake, MGW & BMR suspension, off road X with gt500 mufflers, lund 93 tune, sway bar delete and sitting on AM replica GT500 19" wheels with 285 wide continental street tires ran a 7.65 @ 92.

Just curious what other boss intake cars are running with similar mods, because the boss setup is coming off if this is what I can expect from a manual NA setup with it lol
Hey! What offset are you running on those wheels? +50mm or maybe +45mm?

Users who are viewing this thread