need help! engine swap to VAN - need AT

multiflu

Established Member
Hello
I have a old VAN + 8.8 from gt500, engine 96cobra(all + harness, but no ecu) with 2.2 kennebell (450hp+-), and all i need to make a good 3 link.....
But - because I'm far away, and there is no experience with fords here, please advise me automatic transmission - not expensive option (can be without "brains")!???

thanks

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
Your options are kind of limited. A 4R70W would be the best trans to use, but you'll need either a factory ECU to control it, or an aftermarket standalone unit. There's always the option to install a manual valve body as well.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I don't even know what the hell you are asking. As someone with an extremely common 4.6L swap living in Europe... if you can't do it yourself or its basic maintenance where any shop could do it... get rid of it. Most mechanics where I live have never touched a Mustang even super experienced ones.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Quicktime makes an adapter for about everything.
I would suggest a C4 , tho there is no overdrive , it does not need a computer .
Check with them for a transmission adapter .
Don't know what you are asking about with your statement about a 3 link ?

scottydsntknow

Established Member
AOD doesn't need a computer either. Or a AODE/4R transmission with an optishift, or the best option by far is the 6R80 with a quick6 controller. But... again, if you can't DIY and you aren't in the states I'd sell it and buy something else.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Should be 4R. Mark and Mustang automatics had shorter tailshafts than the truck transmissions tho.

multiflu

Established Member
thanks every one!
I have a car-shop my self, but it is first time I swap modular in old car... AND i dont whant to spend a lot of money.
((3-link: I just wanted to share the plans for the rear suspension))

I know that GM trany are stronger then Ford!
Do NOT know if there is a difference between ECU from 98 cobra and ECU from mach03-04! or i can run 32v with ECU from GT?

))) for me it will be easier to make an adapter between th400 and 4.6 ! than an electric stuf - I hate electric in cars because I do not understand it)))

may be some one have some thing like a DIGRAM for adapter and "Pro Fit Ring"

multiflu

Established Member
thanks every one!
I have a car-shop my self, but it is first time I swap modular in old car... AND i dont whant to spend a lot of money.
((3-link: I just wanted to share the plans for the rear suspension))

I know that GM trany are stronger then Ford!
Do NOT know if there is a difference between ECU from 98 cobra and ECU from mach03-04! or i can run 32v with ECU from GT?

))) for me it will be easier to make an adapter between th400 and 4.6 ! than an electric stuf - I hate electric in cars because I do not understand it)))

may be some one have some thing like a DIGRAM for adapter and "Pro Fit Ring"

Users who are viewing this thread