Need help with stock upper pulley removal

Johnjon806

Established Member
Not sure is this is the right place to post this. After 8 years of owning a 2003 Cobra I've decided to pulley and tune. Anyone know where I can find a good write up, video or pics on the process? I have the tool and instructions it came with but can't seem to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

golfer11689

Established Member
Not sure is this is the right place to post this. After 8 years of owning a 2003 Cobra I've decided to pulley and tune. Anyone know where I can find a good write up, video or pics on the process? I have the tool and instructions it came with but can't seem to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I used this write up to do mine. I had to remove an aftermarket hub so it wasn't exactly like this, but it should help you out with the stock pulley.

http://billetflow.com/supercharger_pulleys.htm

nxhappy

Established Member
it's pretty simple. just make sure the 2 bolts are lined up "flush" with the backside of the plate. then you can start cranking it. when you install the hub on the snout, there will be about 1/4" space. So just check the front of the hub, it should be flush with the snout. For me the hardest part was removing the black plastic piece on the front. had to use needle nose and flat head screwdriver to pry it out took like 30 minutes LOL. Also for belt install, have a buddy help you out with a long breaker bar on the tensioner. That belt can be a bitch !

Users who are viewing this thread