Need some insight from part time fathers ;)

Fromadigg

Banned
so let me get this straight :

you want to travel
you want to start another family
BUT you don't want to be a deadbeat father

I am going to be brutally honest. It sounds like you are selfish mother****er. You can't just walk away from your wife AND the kids. The kids will need you now more than ever. You are in it 100%, even though your wife is crazy. You can't just ****ing travel the world, and leave your kids. Or start a new family immediately after your divorce. Time to man up and face the facts.

Believe it or not, there are numbers between 0 and 50. Face the facts? I set the terms of my life.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Right, it's by choice. Jump on a motorcycle and travel, fly back to keep the connection with the kids in tact. So I'm trying to figure out what that schedule looks like. What that life is like.

I don't see myself enjoying a 50\50 setup. I didn't have kids to have "children," I had them to start a family. Very much enjoy having a family, don't enjoy being a glorified baby sitter.

That is probably the most ****ed up view of kids I have ever read. They are your family, no matter what your marital status is. You committed to their needs the day your ex got pregnant. Their needs didn't vanish when you got a divorce.

Again, this only validates my statement earlier of you not wanting to be a father.

Coiled03

Established Member
Yeah, OK. I guess I won't have much more input.

I can't fathom being a father and seeing 50/50 as a burden. I'm divorced, and had to accept 50/50 kicking and screaming. If I could work it, my daughter would be with me 100% of the time.

lastcall190

Established Member
Throwaway on a car forum? Did I accidentally wander onto Reddit?

Edit: Had an actual value adding response but my computer had a seizure and I lost it. Guy below me said it pretty well.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
So your ex wife is crazy, but you think she's a good enough mother for 90% of the time? You want your kids raised by a crazy scam artist?

Sounds like you don't want to be a father. That's sad. There's no part time parenting.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I'm tempted to move this even though the troll is gone.

Did you ban both accounts or just the dupe. Pity you guys aren't willing to divulge original account names for dupes like this. ****ing people need to be held accountable by the rest of us rather than just the mods IMHO

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Right, it's by choice. Jump on a motorcycle and travel, fly back to keep the connection with the kids in tact. So I'm trying to figure out what that schedule looks like. What that life is like.

I don't see myself enjoying a 50\50 setup. I didn't have kids to have "children," I had them to start a family. Very much enjoy having a family, don't enjoy being a glorified baby sitter.

Do not have more kids, you have clue zero on what being a father actually is. You have already disconnected from your current kids. Sucks to be them.

EDIT: Glad the ban hammer has swung. Either a troll or a true asswipe.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Did you ban both accounts or just the dupe. Pity you guys aren't willing to divulge original account names for dupes like this. ****ing people need to be held accountable by the rest of us rather than just the mods IMHO
Just the one. I saw no reason seeing the other hasn't posted in almost 2 years. If they want to be a pussy and hide that's fine. He tries again then I may take more drastic measures. If one the other mods wants to post the culprit that's fine.

Rct851

Established Member
From someone with useless parents this hits close to home.

People stop having kids when you aren't ready!

A good pairing of people with stability and commintement come before
Kids.

I'd like to hear the "crazy" wife's perspective of the story. Bet he doesn't smell like roses to her.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
From someone with useless parents this hits close to home.

People stop having kids when you aren't ready!

A good pairing of people with stability and commintement come before
Kids.

I'd like to hear the "crazy" wife's perspective of the story. Bet he doesn't smell like roses to her.

Maybe the wife did cheat, but this guy still seems like the selfish one of the two. I can see why it didn't last.

Users who are viewing this thread