Never ends..help identifying where coolant is leaking from

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
D3D1B667-5DCB-4446-B2BA-237B424961D1.jpeg
F996D73B-9377-4B92-9EF2-D75F242324FB.jpeg
so, got my car running good after chasing issues for months. I’ve driven it about 100 miles without issue. Today I go to put the car back in the garage and after I turn it off I hear the sound of water sizzling off the header. So I look around and see coolant pissing out a hole in the firewall. Doesn’t look like anything goes in this hole. I took pics but it’s very hard to see. It’s on the passenger side just above The bell housing. What is this?

Attachments

• 394DB30C-7F49-4F83-9A05-CC9F1BCA6A39.jpeg
    394DB30C-7F49-4F83-9A05-CC9F1BCA6A39.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 82

MG0h3

Established Member
If it’s coming out of the firewall it may be the heater core. Which sucks balls if it is.

Try another pic not so zoomed in.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
If it’s coming out of the firewall it may be the heater core. Which sucks balls if it is.

Try another pic not so zoomed in.

I tried. Camera won’t focus. It’s damn near impossible to see

MG0h3

Established Member
Did you have the heat on by any chance?

03' White Snake

Established Member
Passenger side?? It's the heater core. It's a PITA to remove the dash to replace. You can bypass by running a hose between the tubes in the engine bay and see if that fixes your issue.

Feel your carpet on the passenger side floor board if it is wet, that' another sign it is the heater core.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Passenger side?? It's the heater core. It's a PITA to remove the dash to replace. You can bypass by running a hose between the tubes in the engine bay and see if that fixes your issue.

Feel your carpet on the passenger side floor board if it is wet, that' another sign it is the heater core.
That’s the first thing I checked. It’s dry right now. I’m going to jump the hoses and see if the leak stops.

hotcobra03

Established Member
wet carpet..fogged up windows,

I had mine bypassed for years..

than I got brave and replaces core,it wasn't all that bad to do..just a couple hard bolts.

fwiw..coolant flows all the time thru core..

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I just went outside and checked mine. Based on your picture and matching it up to mine it looks like the A/C condensation drain tube. Water is supposed to drain from there when running the A/C.

However, you indicate you don't run the A/C. Check from underneath. If it's just water then it's A/C condensation. If it's antifreeze then it's the heater core.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
What should you use as a coupler to connect the 2 hoses. No way in a hell a straight peice is going to work. Hoses are way to short. Can I use a 90 degree elbow?

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I used a long hose ,but yes any way you feel is fine..

it just has to seal and flow..
Thanks. Any advice on how to remove the 90 degree couplers off the hoses themselves? I’m pulling as hard as I can and they won’t budge

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I remember trying to remove my so-called "quick release" heater core hoses once, but gave up when they wouldn't budge! Some folks seem to have no problems though.

MG0h3

Established Member
Thanks. Any advice on how to remove the 90 degree couplers off the hoses themselves? I’m pulling as hard as I can and they won’t budge

Haven’t looked at mine but I’m guessing it’s got the plastic clips? Squeeze the tabs as hard as you can and work the hose fire and aft.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
No. I got the hoses off the heater core tube no problem. What I can’t do is get the the connector off the hoses so I can install a coupler to attach both hoses.

Users who are viewing this thread