NEW! 1 leaked drawing of new GT500 engine

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
If they're carbon wheels and carbon ceramic brakes, that's not very heavy. The new blower is an all in one unit, probably not significantly heavier than the older TVS lower intake/intercooler setups. Id wager their weight to be similar.

Just come back to this post in a few months.

Dusten

Established Member
Notice the post said “I’d be scared of” and not “what most people should be scared of”. I quite frankly don’t care why your buying a GT500 lol but I know why I bought mine in 2010 and why I might or might not buy another one in 2018/2019. The mustang is one of the most widely modified cars on the planet and I can’t think of one person who owns one or has owned one who hasn’t done something to it performance wise so that minority you talk about must be pretty big. Try the classifieds to find an unmolested GT500 that’s more then a couple years old. They’re not common. Ford themselves has said in the past they build the mustang to be easily modified with room to grow because that’s what their customers want. So I’m not sure the majority is as big as you think it is if it one at all.

I can find 10 gt500s on cl local to me. All stock. I can't find a single local one for sale modified.
If you're only sample size is the forums, sure everyone modified them. But the car scene is bigger than fb and forums.

From a performance stand point, which unless I’m mistaken, is what the GT500 name plate is all about. In its true essence the GT500 name plate used to be the street monster while the GT350 the track carver. this leaked engine may fall short of many people’s expectations which is also stated many places including here. We won’t really know until it’s release. Remember a lot of GT350 owners were paying 90k for a car with radio delete and no back seat so that market exists and it must be a pretty big one for ford to offer it.

How many radio delete no back seat cars did they sell, just out of curiosity? Compared to tech pack cars

Get away from hp#s for second too. I think we can agree that a mid 10 second 1/4 is the limit for a factory car without a dedicated drag setup like say the demon. The other models are getting very close to that high 10 second mark with out monster hp #s. And at face value what does this power plant look like? An existing platform with a supercharger on it... all previous generation GT500s had very unique power plants with a substantially smaller price spread from base GT to GT500 with a much larger performance gap between models.

Existing power plant? What else is this in? It's I another limited production car. And even then, they don't share all the same parts.

Just know that next time a pimply faced kid in a GT pulls up on you in your GT500 that he knows, I know, and you know that his car could be faster in any street situation you can think of and he didn’t drop 70-80k to get there. I certainly didn’t worry about that on previous generations as much as I do now. That is of course if this new GT500 is anything short of spectacular. I guess we shall see....

You're using ricer math and comparing stock to modified. And I don't care if some pimply kid is faster in his modified gt. I'm not in this for dick waving contests. If I cared that much I wouldn't drive a lightning that's barely as fast as a 2018 gt for similar money. A lot of new mistang buyers buy them because they like how they drive. My neighbor way over paid for his gt350. But he loves it. Bone stock. There are tons of cars, cheaper and faster. There always will be. It's a fact of life. And if you're going to be hung up on the fact the gt500 isn't cheaper and faster than everything, you'll be miserable. The looked gt500s were, in part, so far ahead of the gt because the gt was awful. The gt500 isn't getting worse. The gt is just getting better. The gap is closing because ford can only push a new car so far.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
If this Predator engine can produce 755 hp as has been teased, its a monstrous win for Ford. A Demon on pump gas 91 makes 808 advertised hp. For Ford, that's only 60 less than the Demon's engine. On 91, with a full liter less displacement. Assuming the teaser of the instrument cluster is even in the ballpark of accurate.

A pulley swap and tune should put it at or slightly above the Demon's engine output. Hell, Ford could have an Ace up their sleeve. Announce a GT500 next month, and in the summer announce a GT500R with 820 hp.

Even using a disclaimer, Dodge advertising power output on race fuel for a street production car is kinda cheap.

Show of hands...who would want an option for race fuel calibration in a GT500? (insert everyone raising their hands)

You know what I like about The Demon. There's just ONE CAR. No normal version and "R" variant.

Saying a "pulley swapped" GT500 will best a Demon is idiotic. Cool, pulley swap the DEMON and watch it hit 900bhp EASILY.

Don't you guys get tired constantly thinking Ford has an ACE UP IT'S SLEEVE? Reality is this...Ford got sucker punched so hard by Dodge and Chevy that they had to GO BACK to the drawing board time and time again.

A Chevy ZL1 1LE shits all over a GT350R. A Demon will eat up a GT500. But hey....Ace up that sleeve guys!!!! Not.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Sure, Hellcat is a great success. They sell a ton of them and it's never tried to be anything other than what it is.

But people keep bringing up the Demon in particular. I've always thought the Demon was a gimmick. I don't really pay much attention to it because it's not my thing, but my assumption is outside of phenomenal track prep, basement DA conditions, non-pump gas and a wheel/tire/interior setup nobody will EVER run on the street, the car isn't much faster than a regular Hellcat. That's not really a vehicle program. It's a couple million bucks so they could making silly ads making nonsensical comparisons to hypercars.

It's just an apples and oranges comparison to what Ford builds. I was positive there would be plenty of bitching about GT350 because it was such a departure. I doubt there will be much bitching from people who aren't just born to bitch about this car.

Does this look like a Gimmick to you?
s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

conceptmachine

Established Member
I like the yellow line on the splitter. Gives it a post-modern dump truck look.
That demon shouldn’t even have a splitter on it, but they put it on so it looks better. Sorry but the fender flares already ruin the look of the car, Better to leave it off.

MG0h3

Established Member
Ugh. Demon looks real ricer in that picture. The black hood and flares make it look cheap to me.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
One would think that Ford wouldn't want to debut the Bullitt and the GT500 in the same time frame. If the Bullitt is to show in Detroit I could see the GT500 following shortly thereafter, possibly in Chicago (Feb 10-19th).

There is rumor of a small event at Ford coming soon. It'll be interesting to see if it is mentioned there if it even happens.

Voltwings

Established Member
Don't you guys get tired constantly thinking Ford has an ACE UP IT'S SLEEVE? Reality is this...Ford got sucker punched so hard by Dodge and Chevy that they had to GO BACK to the drawing board time and time again.

A Chevy ZL1 1LE shits all over a GT350R. A Demon will eat up a GT500. But hey....Ace up that sleeve guys!!!! Not.

I'm not much of a challenger guy, so i had to google this, but it looks like the highest HP Challenger in 2013 was 470? Highest HP Camaro was 580? You want to talk about being sucker punched, that's exactly what the 5.8 GT500 did with 662. Ford has been there, done that, and is moving on. Yes, the Demon is cool and all, but it's about 5 years late to the party, Ford and Chevy have both moved on. It's easy to be the coolest guy at the party if you're the only one there...

Also, ADMs aside, the ZL1 1LE costs a good bit more than the GT350R and has like 125 more hp. The ZL1 1LE is a monster, and no one can deny that, but any boosted track car (under 6 figures, let's be real here) is really only about hero lap times - as someone who has been road coursing for years, i can confidently say that - the GT350R is meant to go out and lap all day. I'm not taking anything from the Camaro by saying this, i'm just saying they serve two different purposes. The ZL1 1LE sells to the magazine and bench racing crowd, the GT350(R) sells to racers.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
I'm not much of a challenger guy, so i had to google this, but it looks like the highest HP Challenger in 2013 was 470? Highest HP Camaro was 580? You want to talk about being sucker punched, that's exactly what the 5.8 GT500 did with 662. Ford has been there, done that, and is moving on. Yes, the Demon is cool and all, but it's about 5 years late to the party, Ford and Chevy have both moved on. It's easy to be the coolest guy at the party if you're the only one there...

Also, ADMs aside, the ZL1 1LE costs a good bit more than the GT350R and has like 125 more hp. The ZL1 1LE is a monster, and no one can deny that, but any boosted track car (under 6 figures, let's be real here) is really only about hero lap times - as someone who has been road coursing for years, i can confidently say that - the GT350R is meant to go out and lap all day. I'm not taking anything from the Camaro by saying this, i'm just saying they serve two different purposes. The ZL1 1LE sells to the magazine and bench racing crowd, the GT350(R) sells to racers.

But you can't put ADM aside. I can walk into a Chevy dealership tomorrow and drive off with a ZL1 1LE for like $67,000. You can't even touch a GT350R for less than $85,000 now.

Ford and Chevy have "moved on" from Horsepower wars? Yeah...and that sucks. Who cares about track times? I want 1/4 times. So does 99% of America.

Voltwings

Established Member
But you can't put ADM aside. I can walk into a Chevy dealership tomorrow and drive off with a ZL1 1LE for like $67,000. You can't even touch a GT350R for less than $85,000 now.

Ford and Chevy have "moved on" from Horsepower wars? Yeah...and that sucks. Who cares about track times? I want 1/4 times. So does 99% of America.

Supply and demand, clearly the actual racer crowd cares more than the bench racers?

And i think The 99% is subjective. We're all obviously making comments based on our frame of reference, but a good majority of my friends are more likely to go hit a backroad and take some corners than we are to make the haul to the 1/4 to sit in line for 4 hours to make 2 passes... to each his own though.

Dusten

Established Member

You sure about that price?

fd651e004248bb0c1554f69914c45ef3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread