New 2016 GT PP owner - MGW shifter / DS questions

Gee

New to this particular forum as a member, but I've been a mustang enthusiast for over 20 years. This new rig is my third and just like the previous two, it will see some casual weekend flogging at the track. It's been a long time since I've been around "the scene" and this forum has provided me with so much great S550 info without having to post a single thread the last few weeks (lrn to search ;-)). This forum is clearly the place to be for everything mustang related.

That being said, I finally have a couple of questions related to two popular aftermarket parts. The first is regarding the MGW shifter. Want it, period. Question I have is, I currently have the FRPP shifter and really like the shift knob (big fan of the ford racing logo on the side), will it fit the MGW race spec?

Second question. I really want to order a Dynotech DS, but I'd prefer not to wait 2-3 weeks for it. LMR shows 2-3 weeks lead, Lethal doesn't advertise in stock or not (sent them an email), cjponyparts is $150 more expensive than the other two, but they do show it in stock. Odd one is so much more expensive than the other two, but meh, whatever. Any other vendors out there with it in stock, or vendor recommendations?

Third question. Anyone running the MGW, Dynotech and BMR DS loop? Does everything fit up well? Just ordered the loop and their cradle bushing lockout kit to start to stop the hop. :)

Appreciate any thoughts and responses.

EDIT:
First question unanswered, but I assume I'll get a response from MGW soon. Will edit with response.
Second question unanswered, but now I'm leaning towards just ordering directly from Shaftmasters....TBC
Third question has been answered. I did more research. BMR DS loop fits with MGW and any of the aftermarket 1 piece DS's.

Last edited:

Gee

Vendor Shoutouts

Update:
- MGW got right back to me this morning with an answer to the shift knob question. Because the Ford Racing shift knob utilizes the stock reverse collar we think it requires the OEM adapter kit. George himself exchanged emails with me (Thanks again George!). Placed the order, will update once I have final install done to confirm.

- Reached out to Shaftmasters to get some questions answered this morning. David got RIGHT back to me (seriously, within minutes, thanks again David!) and I pulled the trigger. Based on quality, short lead time and commitment to customer service, I feel really good about the decision. Will update once installed.

- Lethal got right back to me this morning about lead time question on Dynotech. Appreciated the quick Monday am response.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the level of CS these vendors provided. Being away from all this for quite a while I was expecting to wait days to get answers, but am delighted to see that's not the case these days.

Didn't get any responses from ya'll on the forum, but will post updates as I have them for others looking for similar info or just looking for more opinions to use as data points.

MAG5OH

Established Member
So if I want to run a shift knob from the stock shifter on the MGW race spec I need an adapter?

I too have been out of the game a while but back then stock shifter knobs worked on aftermarket shifter.

Also how do you like the shifter? It has great reviews but always like input.

Users who are viewing this thread