New 2019 GT500 Engine Spy Pic from Lethal Performance

conceptmachine

Established Member
heard the drivetrane is the Achilles heel to this car and why hp was limited, we'll see in time if that was true. I wanna see how it holds up in the 800s

DepWraith

Established Member
Given the last GT500, I would imagine this will again have a CF driveshaft and large half shafts. So either the transmission or rear end you're saying was the weak point?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Agreed on that. The manual iron housed diff in my PP/GT is hella strong.

conceptmachine

Established Member
700RWHP, is pretty damn good IMO, if it comes to fruition, with a DCT and CF drive shaft, it should be laying down some 770HP. That would be nuts man, just nuts. I'll Roll up the wad and hand it to my dealer, happily.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Think on this. 700+ WHP from a factory car. If it's true, and it has the DCT, this new GT500 will be in BEAST MODE from factory. The way I see some the rendering coming up, it should have plenty of cooling as well.

The plot thickens..

conceptmachine

Established Member
I hear mixed reviews. 700RWHP from lethals post to 710 area HP. from a supposed insider. I will be happy at 750 area. I'll probably refrain if its much less than that. There are going to be a couple nice cars to choose from coming in '19

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder if that picture was taken in FL before the reveal date or in MI after.

bullitt2735

Established Member
with the tvs 2650, this thing is going to be nasty with full bolt ons and e85. Magnusun has made over 1100rwhp with their 2650 kits... I doubt they have given the new gt500 pistons and rods to hold that kind of abuse, but my main concern/question is did ford finally strengthen the coyote block itself and not a half ass effort like the sportsman blocks

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
with the tvs 2650, this thing is going to be nasty with full bolt ons and e85. Magnusun has made over 1100rwhp with theire 2650 kits... I doubt they have given the new gt500 pistons and rods to hold that kind of abuse, but my main concern/question is did ford finally strengthen the coyote block itself and not a half ass effort like the sportsman blocks
You got it, forget the factory rating, and look at the hard parts.
5.2 with GT350 heads and TVS2650 will most definitely make power, provided the block and rotating assembly can hang.
-J

bullitt2735

Established Member
You got it, forget the factory rating, and look at the hard parts.
5.2 with GT350 heads and TVS2650 will most definitely make power, provided the block and rotating assembly can hang.
-J

Yupp, here's to hoping for a new block or a factory sleeved block that doesn't cost an arm and a leg

conceptmachine

Established Member
yeah, something can' be right with that direct statement, and in spades. who knows...
could be that it' s because it's only a straight line car, vs a multi pourpose car.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think ford will offer a gt500 and a gt500kr.

Something like 750hp; 850hp.

Just a gut hunch.

That’s said, if they don’t, I never said I was right or had inside information or any of the usual bullshit people go on about.

bullitt2735

Established Member
What if it was a CGI block?

ooh I like the sound of that, fantastic material for blocks, stronger and lighter weight (than iron) less prone to fatigue/cracking.... I thought I remember reading somewhere that the 2.7 eco is a cgi block? I remember reading toyota/trd was using them in nascar motors a few years back, they saved weight, gained a ton strength and thus durability. I remember seeing that they got away with something like 1/10 of an inch thick cylinder walls!

Do you know something?!? :)

Last edited:

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
I think ford will offer a gt500 and a gt500kr.

Something like 750hp; 850hp.

Just a gut hunch.

That’s said, if they don’t, I never said I was right or had inside information or any of the usual bullshit people go on about.

Nope you know how this goes! Be prepared to get flamed for all of eternity if you're wrong because we the people of the INTERNET have that DIVINE RIGHT!

Users who are viewing this thread