New Addition - Our First Great Dane

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Gunner has official joined the Zombie Tactical Response Team - K9 Unit:

Gunner%20Zombie_zpspruixdx2.gif

Zemedici

Established Member
I came across this Amazing short film and felt I had to share it.

[youtube_browser]NuOCeJSQCTs[/youtube_browser]

was watching this yesterday, and JUST when it got rough my girl got home so I turned it off.

Thank god.

Was about to get something in my eye....

Zemedici

Established Member
Dang, that was rough to finish. My girl turns 14 soon. Can't imagine that day.

Yeah, been through it with 3 of my own dogs, and to be honest that's why I dont have any of my own at the moment. Its EXTREMELY rough, because NOTHING makes it better....its just a long time of suck, healing from that. Never truly heal either.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Gorgeous dog! Hopefully he doesn't have stupid allergies like ours. Lol it gets expensive rather quickly.
85e87e2325dd44d669d325a4ddd47f93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueSnake01

Established Member
39e62e4dfa.jpg

Just amazed how much they grow quickly! Beautiful dogs! Ours just turned 8 months and he is HUGE! Not used to having big dogs ahah The blue nose is a rather big dog as well and looks small compared to our Onyx.

EDIT: Not sure how to move pic, damn thing is sideways smh :bored:

Last edited:

Booky

Established Member
Gorgeous dog! Hopefully he doesn't have stupid allergies like ours. Lol it gets expensive rather quickly.
85e87e2325dd44d669d325a4ddd47f93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For years my step son and his family were told their GS had allergies.

The poor dog would scratch until he was raw and his hair would fall out in spots.

They just found out awhile back it was really a thyroid problem and not allergies.

He is doing much better now, no scratching and he has all his hair back.

Booky

Established Member
Sometimes you just want to be left alone:

Gunner_Sleeping.jpg

Booky

Established Member
I Let Gunner out this morning for his 5:30 am duties and it seemed like it was taking him longer than usual. I went to the back door and there he stood with something in his mouth. It took me a couple minutes to convince him to drop it before letting him in the house.

Gunner may be almost 5 years old, but he can still move pretty good for a big dog:

0Zlc.jpg

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I Let Gunner out this morning for his 5:30 am duties and it seemed like it was taking him longer than usual. I went to the back door and there he stood with something in his mouth. It took me a couple minutes to convince him to drop it before letting him in the house.

Gunner may be almost 5 years old, but he can still move pretty good for a big dog:

0Zlc.jpg

Thats impressive!

Its amazing how well they can hide stuff in their jowls lol.

One day our neighbors kids hit a semi-squishy ball over the fence. A little larger than a baseball. We came home and our great dane was weezing, but running around. After a couple minutes I decided to look in her mouth to see what the deal was, and it was lodged down her throat. Had to stick my hand down her throat to get it.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
love German Mastiffs. everyone thinks they come from denmark lol

when we were teenagers i was in the kitchen when i heard my older sister scream at the top of her lungs. i ran outside and saw her sitting in the driver's seat of her car and a great dane was attempting to crawl into the car with her (over her) lol. it was a neighbors dog from a few blocks away. really gentle giant but the size alone scares the doo doo out of you

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
love German Mastiffs. everyone thinks they come from denmark lol

when we were teenagers i was in the kitchen when i heard my older sister scream at the top of her lungs. i ran outside and saw her sitting in the driver's seat of her car and a great dane was attempting to crawl into the car with her (over her) lol. it was a neighbors dog from a few blocks away. really gentle giant but the size alone scares the doo doo out of you

We took our great dane to get groomed one day at a local petsmart. We had a coupon that made the bath and nail clipping too good to pass up. A couple people literally took off running out of the store because of our great dane. Not that she was unwieldy or aggressive, just her size scared them.

I might be intimidated if a dog was at eye level with me, without getting on two legs, too though lol.

Booky

Established Member
Do you let him drive your car?
He sure doesn't need a pillow to see over the wheel.

Sorry, did not see your post until now.

Actually, I removed the passenger seat in my truck (single cab) for awhile so Gunner could ride around with me. lol
Bboc.jpg

Booky

Established Member
Here is a good one for all the Dog lovers:

Rct851

Established Member
Sorry, did not see your post until now.

Actually, I removed the passenger seat in my truck (single cab) for awhile so Gunner could ride around with me. lol
Bboc.jpg
That's awesome. My mom had a horse named gunner and the size is way closer than a dog should be lol.

I have baby fever so bad right now but for a puppy. I'm having all these thoughts "am I ready""am I good enough" lol

Users who are viewing this thread