New best stock GT with beefcake paxton kit

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
20171118_153032_zpsezlze15e.jpg

Obviously cant launch but this car has stock exhaust, everything except what came in the beefcake kit. Hoping for 10s if I ever find a way to launch the thing!!

Punisher1401

Established Member
305/40/18 mickey thompson et s/s, first time out with them though.
yeah with a lot more seat time im sure you'll get there. A lot of practice involved. funny part is by the time you figure it out, youll make changes to start over again lol. Im in that boat

Zemedici

Established Member
Only 125+ mph NA coyotes I know of are shop owned, FTW fueled, gutted, all mods/money thrown at them race cars.

yeah, far from practical / street car at that point. I would NOT really want to be driving a 125+ NA coyote.....hahahaha

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
that thing is bookin at the top end, nearly 30mph in the back half. If you can get things over 100mph in the 1/8th you'll definitely be knocking the door on 10's.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Fuel system installed, another hot day on Friday and ran [email protected] (1.97 60') and a [email protected] (1.94 60'). I had to have the 93 octane tune re-done due to new fuel system (about to go E85) and it looks like lost some MPH due to it getting hot. Will relog with spark advance V2 (per Lund request) but I hope it isnt the fuel heating up from return system.

Still showing some spinning on the datalog but not a lot. Real difference between 123.8 and 125.6 MPH is a 90 degree humid summer day vs. a cool-ish november 70 degree non-humid day. Looks like I will spend the summer trying to learn to launch this thing and getting E85 dialed in.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Looks like I have some 1-2 and 2-3 shift traction problems...

Attachments

• Spin.PNG
    Spin.PNG
    51.6 KB · Views: 381

DarkMach1

Established Member
Man how much are your RPMs dropping during shifts? IMO the last thing this car needed was more power. But interested to see the progress.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
RPMs drop to about 5k RPM per shift. I should probably look into what gears I have huh... What the car did need was a fuel system. I shorted out the boost-a-pump and almost went racing. Luckily I log on the way to work before going racing and noticed it was running out of fuel. Didn't want to have that happen again so got a fore innovations base kit (stock fuel rails but return system, dual walbro 465s).

Yes I agree I should have instead invested in suspension first but I had to get the tune updated... E85 is only the price of one viking drag shock. :)

DarkMach1

Established Member
I’m guessing you were extremely unlucky. BAPs are fairly reliable. I’ve done well with one and 93oct. Nowadays you can grab a BAP for less than 300 bucks.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
well, this way I know I don't have to worry about it. Sometimes that guarantee is worth a lot. Grenading the engine is not what I want to do (done it before in previous cars).

With the fuel system no worries (other than heat and stock exhaust).

Gruca

Established Member
well, this way I know I don't have to worry about it. Sometimes that guarantee is worth a lot. Grenading the engine is not what I want to do (done it before in previous cars).

With the fuel system no worries (other than heat and stock exhaust).
And E85 is awesome. I think you made the right choice. Now get that torque converter and some sticky tires, maybe not in that order.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Glad to see you're making progress, because my 100 shot '11 GT (Bama tuned) was faster than that!

I want a stall and centri sooooo bad!

Users who are viewing this thread