New dyno numbers - 825whp 724wtq with a D1sc Procharger

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice- I seen they do this a few times a year at pocona, do you get any type of mph slip at all and if so what was your fast mph?
You do. You have a window of 55-65mph starting speed and the timeslip will have your starting speed, et, and mph. Anything above 65 is a red light.

My car with a 58mph start went 149mph while having a passenger and the belt slipping. Id like to think it would be good for 155-160mph in ideal conditions.

sdoo500

Established Member
I am starting to plan my winter build and want to make similar power to you. Few questions!

How is the Mt82 holding up? I know everyone says worst trans ever, but my stock trans has probably 25k miles around 650whp with dozens of passes on track and street. What clutch are you using?

How was your experience with L&M? I am looking into either them or RGR for a built shortblock.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I am starting to plan my winter build and want to make similar power to you. Few questions!

How is the Mt82 holding up? I know everyone says worst trans ever, but my stock trans has probably 25k miles around 650whp with dozens of passes on track and street. What clutch are you using?

How was your experience with L&M? I am looking into either them or RGR for a built shortblock.

So far the stock mt82 is hanging in there. It's a bit notchy now and doesnt like the 1-2 shift above 6800rpm. I've been using the RXT clutch. I have had no issues with the L&M engine and my main reason for using them is because they are local to me.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I managed a new personal best of a 9.64 at 146.99 this past Friday. The car was out of gear in 4th just before the traps and the methanol wasnt working.

Im going to head back on Saturday and shoot for 9.50s

While shifting gears? Awesome work!... any vid?

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The race intercooler is the same length and height as the stage 2 but it's 1" thicker. The front clip has to be trimmed accordingly. The stage 2 intercooler is only rated for 650 flywheel hp where the race is good for 1000.

Where did you read this, I'm curious. I just got off the phone with the guys at procharger and they say people have been able to make 800+ rwhp with the stage 2 IC.

sdoo500

Established Member
I managed a new personal best of a 9.64 at 146.99 this past Friday. The car was out of gear in 4th just before the traps and the methanol wasnt working.

What else is done to the car? Suspension set up? And race weight?

Sorry for bombardment, but I am starting to think of big centri route instead of turbo. I had a paxton and loved it. Ultimate goal is 9.9X with MT82 for me. 9.60s would be nuts.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, that is hauling ass man!!
Congrats and good luck this weekend!

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
While shifting gears? Awesome work!... any vid?
Yes sir! Thanks! I have a video but it's nothing special. It's on my IG account but a diesel truck blocks half of the run.

Where did you read this, I'm curious. I just got off the phone with the guys at procharger and they say people have been able to make 800+ rwhp with the stage 2 IC.
You can make a lot of power on one but it's still going to have high IAT's. I didn't talk to Procharger directly but found the rating for their intercooler based on size. When my car had the d1 stage 2 on 10psi Lund told me the IATs were high even on a 35 degree day dyno pull. Now that i'm spinning the D1 slightly past max impeller speed it saw IAT's of 155 on a 58 degree day. That was with the race intercooler too. This car needs the methanol to be working for a clean pass when the d1 is being spun at/past max speeds.

What else is done to the car? Suspension set up? And race weight?

Sorry for bombardment, but I am starting to think of big centri route instead of turbo. I had a paxton and loved it. Ultimate goal is 9.9X with MT82 for me. 9.60s would be nuts.
Race weight is about 3650-3700. Most of what is done to the car is described in the first post. The suspension setup is full BMR w/solid bushings with Viking Struts and shocks

Wow, that is hauling ass man!!
Congrats and good luck this weekend!

Thanks! I got a few fittings and lines coming in to bypass the methanol check valve with a solenoid. I'll try to get that wired up and plumbed tomorrow night. This Saturday is the 2nd to last day that my local track is open for the year.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you have sleeved walls on the new block?

bunits19714

Established Member
Ohh your definitely have that squirrel spinning a tad beyond its rated rpm.
Have you ever had to have any work done to the unit I know you have had it a while now. with my 4.13 pulley on a 85 degree day at the end of the 1/4 mine will only see about 110+/- degrees and on the half mile runs in 85 degree days it never went above 120.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You can make a lot of power on one but it's still going to have high IAT's. I didn't talk to Procharger directly but found the rating for their intercooler based on size. When my car had the d1 stage 2 on 10psi Lund told me the IATs were high even on a 35 degree day dyno pull. Now that i'm spinning the D1 slightly past max impeller speed it saw IAT's of 155 on a 58 degree day. That was with the race intercooler too. This car needs the methanol to be working for a clean pass when the d1 is being spun at/past max speeds.

sounds like it might be time to upgrade to an f1 or at minimum d1x housing. I'm going with the race intercooler in my setup as well from the jump

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I do not. That option along with rods that could support 1100whp was another $5500 on top of my basic build. You have to draw the line somewhere.
Totally understand man, I was just curious. Thanks.
Killer build. One of my favorites here.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Ohh your definitely have that squirrel spinning a tad beyond its rated rpm.
Have you ever had to have any work done to the unit I know you have had it a while now. with my 4.13 pulley on a 85 degree day at the end of the 1/4 mine will only see about 110+/- degrees and on the half mile runs in 85 degree days it never went above 120.
The unit is still untouched since I bought it new. I make a habit out of changing the oil every year. Normally i shift at 7000rpm which is just at max blower speed. Going through the traps at 7800rpm probably had the blower screaming for mercy.
sounds like it might be time to upgrade to an f1 or at minimum d1x housing. I'm going with the race intercooler in my setup as well from the jump
I agree. The d1x is tempting because the conversion is less then half the price of an f1a/f1a94 and i can still get away with an 8 rib setup.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yeah I've got the D1x on the way for my car its definitely a good option that will give you some headroom(though not much)

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Wait so how much HP is the stage 2 intercooler good for vs the race intercooler? Last time I had my car dyno tuned it made 740rwhp on the stage 2 intercooler (I bought my kit before the race intercooler came out). Figured the race intercooler would only benefit those pushing more than 1000 HP.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'd be curious to see a tuned before & a tuned after stage 2 to race IC test but to my knowledge nobody has done one to date.

Users who are viewing this thread