New ecoboost ford GT has worse mpg than any comparable supercar

mrlrd1

Established Member
You can keep repeating your opinion over and over, and that will not make it fact.

You're right. However in this case, my opinion and fact are one in the same.

DBK said:
They chose the most favorable available engine available for the class it was racing in. This is fact. Thanks.

Right again. But that does not contradict the fact that the engine was chosen for marketing purposes. It met several criterion.

In the end you, I, and everyone else knows that a Coyote variant could have (and should have) been used. It's already an approved platform, and it would have eliminated the mountainous controversy surrounding Ford's halo. But Ford didn't do that. THEY NEEDED TO MARKET THE "ECO"BOOST.

Coiled03

Established Member
If you don't like what could be such a simple conversation why are you on a car Forum? If you love peace and don't want to hear other's opinions you should probably just stick to car magazines and skip the forums. You could also not click this thread because what do you expect is going to be said in here?

Oh, well if you want to play that game.....if you don't like the car because of its name, why are you on THIS forum? And quite frankly, why are you on ANY performance car related forums at all, if all you want to do is bitch about fuel mileage?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Believe it, don't believe it, makes no difference to me. They didn't put it in the DP to win, they put it in the DP to test so the GT could win.

The rules are the rules. It's not rocket science. How did the non-DI naturally aspirated cars do at LM this year? How did the GTDI cars do? What did Ford have available in 2013? Thanks.

exactly...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
You're right. However in this case, my opinion and fact are one in the same.

Right again. But that does not contradict the fact that the engine was chosen for marketing purposes. It met several criterion.

In the end you, I, and everyone else knows that a Coyote variant could have (and should have) been used. It's already an approved platform, and it would have eliminated the mountainous controversy surrounding Ford's halo. But Ford didn't do that. THEY NEEDED TO MARKET THE "ECO"BOOST.

Yeah, sorry, they're not. Again, your position is conjecture. Mine is fact based on actual events as they happened at the time.

blk02edge

Established Member
Oh, well if you want to play that game.....if you don't like the car because of its name, why are you on THIS forum? And quite frankly, why are you on ANY performance car related forums at all, if all you want to do is bitch about fuel mileage?
Maybe if you read all my posts you'd see how comical your response is. Since you won't.

I have said
1: I love this car, I would love to be one of the people fortunate enough to own it.
2:The gas mileage in reality wouldn't make a difference to me
3:I even love the sound the car makes
4: All I want is to know exactly why the fuel mileage is crap, because it is totally a fail marketing-wise whether it was meant to or not. Never got a straight forward response from anyone who could actually answer that without guessing

So what's your excuse other than being another troll who comes into a thread with a subject they aren't interested in? You have supplied zero substance.

blk02edge

Established Member
"this choice was based on several factors, from an aesthetic, functional, aero, as well as marketing consideration.", "We never gave consideration to the V8, Callum said. “We were talking V6 very early on and not just because of the physical size of the engine but because we want to see the EcoBoost brand moving forward. "

quoted from the designer of the GT.

earl lee

Established Member
MPG doesnt really matter much with cars of this price tag. People clowning it since its a v6 with shit mileage calling itself "ecoboost". The biggest problem with this car is it is going to always sound like shit since it is a v6.

Dusten

Established Member
But thats the thing, it isnt making it easier to swallow and at the same time it has alienated a good percentage of blue oval fans. I spend a good amout of time on raptor forums and a large number of users made comments stating they would not buy the 2017 strictly because of the engines. I think there is a similar sentiment on other vehicles as well.

Ford had better be careful and not continue to force ecoboost down every ones throat. At least have an option, unless they want to lose future sells to competitors.
Weird, engine is exactly why I didn't buy a gen 1/2 raptor, but am considering a new one.

Last edited:

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
id imagine all the aero makes the car a brick for highway cruising. great for the track and high speed cornering, but 75 on I5 no so much.

add me to the who cares club.

mrlrd1

Established Member
"this choice was based on several factors, from an aesthetic, functional, aero, as well as marketing consideration.", "We never gave consideration to the V8, Callum said. “We were talking V6 very early on and not just because of the physical size of the engine but because we want to see the EcoBoost brand moving forward. "

Thank you.

All hail the misinformed DBK. The engine choice was a ploy that you along with many other bought into. So that brings me back to my earlier statement of fact... you're either a moron or blindly loyal.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Thank you.

All hail the misinformed DBK. The engine choice was a ploy that you along with many other bought into. So that brings me back to my earlier statement of fact... are you a moron or blindly loyal?

I wouldn't put DBK into either category. He's no moron. I still take those statements with a grain of salt, as its usually tailored to whatever event/audience they are have and what agenda they want to push at that time.

That statement did emphasize physical size, and marketing though.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Thank you.

All hail the misinformed DBK.

Again, believe what you want man. I know you're still butt hurt that the GT won at Le Mans, and that colors your opinion on the car, but nothing is gonna change.

Moray is a design exec, not "the designer" of the GT. A guy named Todd Willing was the first guy that ran the design team, then Craig Metros, both in the studio under the direction of Chris Svensson. The designer most responsible for the design end of the car on a day to day basis was Garen Nicoghosian. The 5 of us were about the only people who stayed to watch the race at Le Mans in 15 after the race car reveal in the Ford hospitality.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The 5 of us were about the only people who stayed to watch the race at Le Mans in 15 after the race car reveal in the Ford hospitality.

Well, maybe if you let more people into your club, more people would have stayed. lol

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Well, maybe if you let more people into your club, more people would have stayed. lol

15, not 16. There wasn't even any branding on the building facing trackside since they didn't want to detract from the actual race, since it was just the race car reveal for 16. Bill Ford, Ganassi, Raj Nair, and Pericak did the reveal, took media questions, and then were out of there.

And if you want to understand how shit works, you need to hear it from Raj, Jamal, Dave or Larry Holt.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
15, not 16. There wasn't even any branding on the building facing trackside since they didn't want to detract from the actual race, since it was just the race car reveal for 16. Bill Ford, Ganassi, Raj Nair, and Pericak did the reveal, took media questions, and then were out of there.

I know you said 2015. Not many people are invited to stay in the Ford hospitality section, correct? Mostly just those very deep connections within Ford, right?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I know you said 2015. Not many people are invited to stay in the Ford hospitality section, correct? Mostly just those very deep connections within Ford, right?

It was basically just the Ford/Multimatic/CGR people, and media for the unveil that I'm aware of. It was a small building, and everyone pretty much cleared out Saturday after Bill waved the flag to start the race.

Users who are viewing this thread