New guy from the other side

RlySlow

Established Member
Hi all, haven't been much of a mustang guy to be honest but always been a fan of them. Originally planned to follow suit of my friends who both have/had LS swapped new edge cars that have been in 8's & 9's. One parted out his car and got a procharged c6 vette. Couple other friends also left behind their older drag cars for coyote cars.

After driving friends coyotes and then the procharged c6 I decided I really wanted to get into something newer and quick that still could be enjoyable to drive on the street.
I currently have a 99 Trans Am that i bought stock - right now it has a simple heads/cam/intake setup. It's a stalled auto car. I retained AC, cruise, and all other options. It's still nice to drive but still is pretty obvious it's a a 15+ year old car. Also REALLY have been wanting to go back to a manual car.

So I wanted a blown c6 I found but the guy was shitty at communicating with me and at one point didnt get back to me for 4 days so I found this instead for less $ and 50k less miles.

Picked up, a 2014 Mustang GT base with brembo brake package. Otherwise not much else in options.
Only had 4500 miles on it before i drove it 5 hours home. Sitting at 5k now.

Came with a few goodies:
Roush Phase 3 TVS Supercharger Kit
Roush Fuel System Upgrade (BAP)
SCT X4 Flash/Datalogger
Tuned by Justin @ VMP
Eibach 1.5" Lowering Springs
GT500 Spoiler
Full Borla Exhaust
RTR Rear Plate Vented Trim
Kodiak Brown Metallic painted wheels
Roush Boost Gauge
Roush Splitters all the way around
StopTech Drilled & Slotted Rotors

I'm honestly having a bit of buyers remorse. I'm not unhappy with the car I jumped on it because every other car around 30k was higher miles or not as clean/tastefully done - and I really wanted the low miles. But honestly I'm starting to wish I would of held out for a C6. Not saying they're that much better of a car, I just think I'd personally enjoy it more and I've wanted one for longer. Kind of feel like I settled for the coyote, might be faster than whatever c6 I might of ended up with but I still just feel weird in this thing lol.

Either way right now I'm still having a lot of fun with the car and it's so nice to drive. With only 5k it still feels/smells brand new.
tG9OK72.jpg

dClTJMp.jpg

W29XjNK.jpg

ivklyH5.jpg

JnhCcoM.jpg

DuSCiV3.jpg

7fjlUlI.jpg

VmCahNF.jpg

And my Trans Am. It'll probably be sold soon although following it home 5 hours with my buddy driving it made me almost fall in love with it all over again. Still think it's got the coyote beat on looks.
a3yS8s8.jpg

wijhB38.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice TransAm, but your new 5.0 is so much nicer. You did really well finding that one. I love everything I'm seeing. The paint, the motor, the stance, the wheels, the mods....everything. You'll always have a place in your heart for your TransAm after you sell it, but I really thing your 5.0 is going to be your new love, big time. Wait until you've driven it for a couple of weeks.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Congrats on a big upgrade. Braking, handling, and ride quality are so much better in these newer muscle cars. You'll have a ton of fun rowing your own gears. Barton is a good shifter but I recommend an MGW if you haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Users who are viewing this thread