NEW MUSTANG GT CAN GO 0-TO-60 MPH IN LESS THAN FOUR SECONDS

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
But, but, but but Ford needs to answer the Demon as it's the be all end all of all car performance and tech. Not as with the new 35 MPG CAFE standards that is just a total waste of resources and money.

I really do think the Demon is going to be a money loser. As again I don't see people lining up to buy Challengers, unlike they do for the Camaro and Mustang. Again i see 4 to 5 of the Camaro and Mustang for every Challenger out there.

But this is exactly what Ford needs is a car that can give even more expensive and niche European models a run for their money and at only a fraction of the price. If they do make a GT 500 then it definitley needs that 10 speed auto as if not then lots of luck as the ZL-1 and Hellcat puts rings around it as they outsell it about 5 to 1.
Yeah this couldn't be further from the truth. In Michigan at least. Challengers are everywhere. In fact, i see 2-3 Hellcats a day. Almost every other Challenger i see is a SRT8. Among tons of Chargers. I don't see near the amount of new Mustangs or Camaro's i used to see. Its not even close.

Any of the local car cruises or shows, same thing.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Yep I agree! I see a shit load of new Challenger & Chargers locally. Especially the scat pack editions.

Yeah this couldn't be further from the truth. In Michigan at least. Challengers are everywhere. In fact, i see 2-3 Hellcats a day. Almost every other Challenger i see is a SRT8. Among tons of Chargers. I don't see near the amount of new Mustangs or Camaro's i used to see. Its not even close.

BladeX10

Established Member
I'm praying to the car gods that an aftermarket company like Roush comes out with a front bumper that makes that front end acceptable. I havent seen a single picture of that front end that i can even say "its ok" to.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Freakin wife is walking around mumbling "****en svt ****en , here he goes" Bitch is crazy!
Not looking good for the Camaro brand.

Acceleration and output were the Camaro's only stronghold.

I am following the UAW/GM situation, for Chevy, the '18 could be a larger speed bump than the GT350.
Bullshitisay's UAW sources say the GT
500 power plant is octoturbo 2.3

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Oh, BTW, I like it when a company under-promises and over-delivers. Great job Ford. I told you Ford (possibly GM) would also introduce drag mode. My guess is, that this car will run 12.30s at 116MPH. I don't like the front end on this car, doesn't look right.

Needs to be 12.1's @ 116-117 with the hp bump and 10sp. Several 15-17 auto's have been 12.3's factory stock.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
AA_Large-covfefe.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I noticed that in Detroit as well.

bpmurr

Established Member
Hopefully, Ford releases an actual 0-60 time along with the 1/4 mile numbers.

Branhammer

Established Member
Only a $1900 jump in price for a base GT. Not too shabby, considering a base Camaro SS jumped over $4000 from 2015-2016.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Only a $1900 jump in price for a base GT. Not too shabby, considering a base Camaro SS jumped over $4000 from 2015-2016.
I think Ford watched really closely at what happened with the 6th gen. It should have sold so much better than it did but Chevy didn't do a great job with marketing the car and I don't think people realized how much more car you got over the 5th gen with the rather large price hike.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
coyote FTW, at this point all 2012 and earlier GT500s should be burned to the ground. There is no really no reason for them to exist anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread