New PB in the 2v

KzooMuscle

Established Member
I finally made it out to the track yesterday - it was perfect, the weather was nice and there were no more than 30 cars there. This was purely a testing night for me, I have a new trans and converter which I was continuously trying to work on, and a lot of suspension and tire tweaks, but all in all a successful night. To top it off, this guy had brought 2 of his Hellcats out. I have not raced one before and I had been dying to, so my second to last run of the night was supposed to only be an 1/8 mile pass because I had already ran .11mph shy of the new cage rule (135mph) and I did not want to get booted yet. But it was against one of the Hellcats and I said f it, so I went for it and ran a 136mph. Apparently after seeing that, the owner told the tech he wanted to race me in his faster Hellcat so he had the tech call me out - I had no idea of this while I was pulling up to the staging lanes so when the tech told me to shut the car down, I thought for sure I was getting the speech. Nope, it was my call out. So I immediately accepted. Up to this point I had been struggling with rolling through the beams with my new stall, but I was determined to kick this guy's ass. I stage perfectly, I stall perfectly, and I launch better than I have all night even though he got me by a couple tenths. We're neck and neck then by the 1/8 I pull on him and put 3-4 cars on him, before I hit my limiter and coasted the last 20-30 ft. Not only was I pumped from beating him, but when I get my slip I had hit every goal I had for the night and hit a new pb.

My best MPH for the night was 10.6 @ 136 with a 1.9 60ft(rolling through the beams)

NEW PB (boost only)

1.54 sixty
6.57 1/8
108.15 mph
10.26 1/4
124.79 mph (hit limiter 1290-1300ft)

I was ecstatic to say the least. It would have been better if I hit 9s but I'll take the 2 wins over Hellcats and a new PB.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats!

Seems a lot on the table within the 60'. Id imagine a tenth or two in the 60 would have you close to knocking on the door of a 9.99.

KzooMuscle

Established Member
Congrats, looks like your car is running great! Was that at US-131?

--Joe

Hey Joe,

Thanks bud! Yes, this was at US131. I'm planning on one more outing to get into the 9s, and test the spray out before hitting up the Dream Cruise. I want the car to be in tip top shape for runs to Mexico! lol

KzooMuscle

Established Member
Congrats! Need to raise the limiter.

I spoke to Lidio and he said he usually sets limiters to 7000rpm. Now we are thinking it was fuel scavenging that caused the car to fall on its face and cause the pops. I was below 1/4 tank, I don't think the car liked that very much.

Users who are viewing this thread