New rims and tires

bllit

Established Member
Hey everyone i,ve been looking at the american muscle staggered packages the dark stainless 19x8.5 front and 19x11 rear not sure which tire sizes to get and brand. The car is stock height and has the track pack option and i'm on a budget. Thanks in advance

bllit

Established Member
Also how's the build quality of the wheels and if anybody has this set up could you post a picture thanks

KBBoss302

Established Member
Hey bllit - I guess part of the question is what sort of driving do you do with your car? Do you like going around corners, do you need all season capability, etc? If you have a Brembo package car, those 8.5" front wheels are narrower than your stock wheels, meaning potentially narrower front tires. If you like cornering, I wouldn't recommend that.

bllit

Established Member
KBBoss302 yes it's a brembo brake car but more straight line for me .Ya I thought about larger tires on my rims on the back but don't know what size .Right now all 4 are 255/40r19

KBBoss302

Established Member
Personally, I prefer a square wheel/tire setup and cramming as much rubber as possible for better handling and traction. You might want to look at something with a 19x9.5 or 19x10 square setup with 285/35/19s. I know you are on a budget, but good tires make such a gigantic difference in feel and performance. There are certainly a ton of threads on this and other forums that might be able to help you more with your choice. Good luck!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If you are on a budget, Id suggest indy 500s, best bang for the buck.

Users who are viewing this thread