New to forum

D1STRRBD

Established Member
I think the look is all set. I placed in just about every show I entered last year...My favorite is the specialty award the plaque with the handcuffs. It reads most likely to be pulled over.
145d36a6a5f0dd27888f5f69f8d49ec7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Looks good! The Cervinis hood is very nice! But one bit of criticism. The caliper covers have to go. They don't make it look like you have big brakes. Get some Brembos/Baer/Wilwood, or nothing.

I kinda like the caliper covers lol. I think they look good:cool: They pop!

D1STRRBD

Established Member
I kinda like the caliper covers lol. I think they look good:cool: They pop!

Everything red I did to my car. I think makes it pop and different. I have a one of a kind Mustang in my area. People asks if I bought it from the factory like that. Someone asked how much I paid for it. I told him with my mods about $38,000. He thought it was a special edition GT500 and cost me $70,000. yeah he was not a motor head.

D1STRRBD

Established Member
You conveniently skipped the cheaper kit.

https://lmr.com/item/M2300S/Mustang-GT500-Style-14-Inch-Front-Brake-Kit-M-2300-S

Here you go. $1100. Plus there's a 7% off coupon available all the time. For the rear all you need is adapter brackets and rotors. Not anywhere near three grand, like I said.

Paul.

I do not put the cheaper stuff on my car. I conveniently mod my car right. I learned the hard way buying cheap shit when I had my 2011. Never again. One day I will put a set of Wilwood, Baer or Brembo on my car. Don't get me wrong There is some cheap stuff that is good but. In the end. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Paul.

Established Member
Ummm - those are the OEM Brembos that Ford uses on their racecars. Even the 15" 6-piston M2300T kit off the 13/14 Shelby GT500 is under two grand. (again, not three grand)

You say "one day I'll put a set of Wilwood, Baer or Brembo on my car" - and I provide a link to Brembos for $1100 - then you say "I don't put cheap stuff on my car."

LMAO. WTF?

Last edited:

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Everything red I did to my car. I think makes it pop and different. I have a one of a kind Mustang in my area. People asks if I bought it from the factory like that. Someone asked how much I paid for it. I told him with my mods about $38,000. He thought it was a special edition GT500 and cost me $70,000. yeah he was not a motor head.

Same here brother. Our car is defiantly unique in our area too. Haven't seen anything close to it. Even online I haven't seen a silver 11-14 close tbh lol.

Rusnak_322

Established Member
That is a great deal on the brakes. I got a good deal on some 20" rims, but my car looks like a donk with the small stock GT brake rotors. I thought it would be a $2,500 upgrade for brembos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I do not put the cheaper stuff on my car. I conveniently mod my car right. I learned the hard way buying cheap shit when I had my 2011. Never again. One day I will put a set of Wilwood, Baer or Brembo on my car. Don't get me wrong There is some cheap stuff that is good but. In the end. You get what you pay for.

The link Paul provided was for a quality brake set. They are 4 piston Brembos which are a huge upgrade over your factory equipment. While they are not the 15 inch rotors/6 piston set up found on the 13/14 GT500s, it is still a great value and far from a cheap kit. IMO, unlessss you are tracking the car heavily you will not tell a difference between the 6 piston and 4 piston Brembos, especially on the street.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

D1STRRBD

Established Member
Ummm - those are the OEM Brembos that Ford uses on their racecars. Even the 15" 6-piston M2300T kit off the 13/14 Shelby GT500 is under two grand. (again, not three grand)

You say "one day I'll put a set of Wilwood, Baer or Brembo on my car" - and I provide a link to Brembos for $1100 - then you say "I don't put cheap stuff on my car."

LMAO. WTF?

I did not even hit the link...if I was going to put brakes on my car it would be these...because finish is as important to me as the fit. That cheaper Brembo option is nice. But I prefer a better look as well...I think it is pretty F'ed up people say what someone should and should not do with their car. "You should do this or should have done that". Can we just say nice car. Fits you perfect or something nice? Why start a pissing match or a debate??? WTF!
408a02a7dde6642fc545369ccd01a785.jpg
803e289626a977b7b6616942c0cefbbe.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That Wilwood set would look really good. Drilled and slotted rotors do have a big visual appeal, so I understand why you lean in that direction.

Users who are viewing this thread