New to site and Lightning:)

tonyszuma

Established Member
Hi, like title says new to the forum and to the lightning world. Im 28, military disabled, and i have a 94 black lightning. Seems to be stock, besides the intake and the shift kit. Any suggestions on mods, sites or anything good lmk. I have been looking for performance sites for it but its not that easy lol. thanks again:beer:

WHITE 94

Hi I too am new to the forum. First welcome aboard and thank you for what you did for our country. I am looking to find simple upgrades/bolt ons as well but not having much luck on where to find parts. Good luck with you'd !

torchredsnake

Established Member
There is alot of useful information on NLOC.net. You can catch some stuff on here every once in a while. Hope this helps.

C-Phil5187

Seriously? I'm trying to learn a bit about the Gen 1's as well. I'm looking at one to complement my 03 HD. I'm really surprised by the lack of information present. SVTPerformance would seem like it has information regarding the Performance of SVT vehicles. Sending someone to another forum is kinda bad for business for this one. :wf:

To try and help out OP from what I've learned, these old blocks really enjoy the bottle. I've heard about a few guys that run 500 horses on these stock blocks. Aside from exhaust work or head work I don't know of much else. I've learned mostly Mod motor stuff and am pretty useless on these. Good luck with the search.

torchredsnake

Established Member
Was just trying to help the guy find some info. I was in the same place looking for information or parts. Funny thing is there was always some guy that didn't have a gen1 trying to give some useless information.

C-Phil5187

Was just trying to help the guy find some info. I was in the same place looking for information or parts. Funny thing is there was always some guy that didn't have a gen1 trying to give some useless information.

Yea those guys blow. Along with those guys that say "oh yea you're trying to learn? well learn else where."

pijobf4e8h-t.jpg

I simply find issue with the lack of info what so ever. Sure i don't know much. I said that. but i shared what I had learned. It's hearing out the little bits of information from all over that'll help learn the most about something. It's like dropping race weight. whats easier? dropping 100 lbs from one spot or 1lb from 100 different spots? If you wanna point someone in a good direction to another site at least do so after first giving due recognition here. i.e. "there's a lot of knowledgeable people here who could help you with that but if you'd like you could try..." I'll finish with other places to try. Rick at Amazon Tuning Solutions, Bob Kurgan of Kurgan Motorsports, J.J. of Woodbine Motorsports, Eric Brooks of Brooks Speed, or try lightningrodder.com.... all those as well as nloc.com are great sources of information. Or talk to some old school guys that swear by the pushrod. They could defiantly help you out.

128884381486901415.jpg

Last edited:

torchredsnake

Established Member
Some helpful information! You should have posted that. That is what the OP was asking for.

Last edited:

C-Phil5187

Hi, like title says new to the forum and to the lightning world. Im 28, military disabled, and i have a 94 black lightning. Seems to be stock, besides the intake and the shift kit. Any suggestions on mods, sites or anything good lmk. I have been looking for performance sites for it but its not that easy lol. thanks again:beer:

:shrug:I can't find where he said that :shrug:

torchredsnake

Established Member

He asked for sites and performance sites. Did this make it easier to find?

sparkadellic

Established Member
Premium Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
To the OP, which branch did ya serve in? I'm in the Navy, and thanks for your service! As far as info on these trucks I have looked all over the net, ie all the sites listed above to get my wish list together.these are fun trucks but a bit behind the times now. But that's one of the reasons I like it. Good luck and have fun with it. Do you have any specific questions?

Users who are viewing this thread