Newbie to the 60's

DOPEYBOWIE

I am a little new here but am a mustang enthusiast. I have the option to buy a 65 and a 66 for only 4 thousand dollars. Body's are straight except s door on the 66 is scrap metal. 65 has original motor and tyranny. And the 66 has a 302 swap. Both interiors are gutted and they both are inoperable. Very mild rust on the common rear quarter trunk top area. The seller originally thought he had a 64.5 and 68. Both coupes by the way. Great deal or common?

bdt115

Established Member
I am a little new here but am a mustang enthusiast. I have the option to buy a 65 and a 66 for only 4 thousand dollars. Body's are straight except s door on the 66 is scrap metal. 65 has original motor and tyranny. And the 66 has a 302 swap. Both interiors are gutted and they both are inoperable. Very mild rust on the common rear quarter trunk top area. The seller originally thought he had a 64.5 and 68. Both coupes by the way. Great deal or common?

IMO Sounds like a decent deal. I wouldnt consider it great, but if they both have titles i think its pretty good.

cj428mach

Established Member

Basket case 64.5-66 non K Code coupes are pretty much always a loser. You can buy really nice cars for 15k and it'll always cost you more than that to restore. If they were fastbacks I would say yes.

sadbuttrue

Established Member

are you trying to flip them for a buck or keep them?

i own a 66' coupe. There were literally a million vanilla 65 and 66 coupes sold. They can still look awesome, but I'm skeptical of some of the values some think they'll ever reach. There's an awful lot of supply.

But I also love my 66' coupe, and my dad paid $4k for it in "running terribly with a non-original 351w but otherwise stock and in eh conditions"... back in 1998. And I have gotten offers in the $15k range for my car (not sure how serious they were, but they've happened). So I think he'd say you're getting a good deal :)

Users who are viewing this thread