Noobie seeking information

Zeromaz

Established Member
I'm wondering what temperatures you guys run at for the various readings our vehicles give us. I feel a LOT of heat coming out of the engine bay when I go to pop the hood after running around town. I live in Las Vegas and imagine the desert heat doesn't help. I can't remember which thermometer it was, but I had a temp at like 238 at one point.

I'm getting the annoying tick sound at low RPMs when I feather the gas pedal a little. I'm sure a lot of you have read about this before. It ticks probably 5-ish times a second. Is this still a "normal" thing with our cars?

One last issue I want to address. For you gentlemen who have swapped out to Diode Dynamic lights. I have the switchback turn signals, the 4th brake light/backup light, and the side markers in the rear. When I turn on my blinker (both left and right) every light works as it should. However, on the cluster, the green signal indicator triple blinks very rapidly instead of the nice soothing on-off it comes with. Again, lights work just fine and at the normal speed.

Thanks for reading my post.

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
I just picked up a 17 a weeks back, wish I had more info on your problems. If I notice any of these things I will post back.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
The engine compartment is sealed for aerodynamics, heat really only escapes from the vent. It's going to feel hot in there. As long as your temp readings are normal there is nothing to worry about.

Low rpm piston rattle. It's normal and there is a TSB

Read Diode Dynamics instructions. Installation of the LED's draw less power and make the car think the bulb is burned out. It's called hyperlash.....normal unless you install resistors.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Read Diode Dynamics instructions. Installation of the LED's draw less power and make the car think the bulb is burned out. It's called hyperlash.....normal unless you install resistors.

Beat me to it! There's a resistor circuit between the indicator on the instrument panel and the rear (and mirror) signal lights to prevent that very thing. Remember that the rear lights are LED, but the fronts are still the standard incandescent bulbs. You'll need to install a resistor on the circuit for the front bulbs.

Users who are viewing this thread