41154999480_fa7b785211_z.jpg

Mods (in sig but I'll list them here):
Billetflow 2.76 pulley
Metco idlers
NGK TR-6 plugs
MRT Catted H-Pipe
Borla ATAK catback
Varrstoen ES7 rims with 265/35/18's in the front and 315/30/18's in the rear
Mail order tune from JDM (they were the original tuner)
I have the Pro Racer Package and looked over tune. Car still has stock MAF transfer function.

It still has the stock airbox and paper filter.

I have to be honest, I'm disappointed. I was expecting around 450rwhp. Also, on the datalog, the fuel pump is fine, but I see the injectors are hitting 1.00 so am I maxing them out? Another thing, how can the car has so much torque but the HP is low? I don't think it's a tune problem, the timing is around 17 and the A/F ratio can be a little leaner, but it's still decent. Anything I can do?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Swap out your air intake from stock to something better. A MAF may be helpful as well. You should be making more power and I bet this is a good place to start finding where it's going

HPLouis

Established Member
For comparison, this was my convertible with a:
Magnaflow catted X-pipe
Borla Touring catback
91 octane SCT tune

Dyno Graph:
32572358762_15d9c3868d_z.jpg

I don't have the datalog from the convertible but it doesn't matter. The convertible was running richer too. I was expecting more than 27.8 rwhp and 99 rwtq from a pulley change to 2.76. Was I expecting too much? The convertible had 4700 miles and the coupe has 14,700 miles.

Last edited:

Five-o-Joe

Established Member
Agree...change the air intake. Also I'd check your plug gap and close it down some if you haven't done that yet. The graph looks like you might have some spark issues. You should be around 440-470

At that power level octane is not the issue imho. You can make way more than that on 87.....

HPLouis

Established Member
91 octane?

Hi, I used the 91 Octane base SCT tune for the convertible. That tune had lower timing and I wanted to be safe.

For the coupe, it was a JDM tune on 93 octane since that's what we use here. When I called JDM, they said that they're not all about power, they're about safety and drivability, and since this was a mail order tune, they went real conservative. Let me take a picture of the base spark table and I'll post it here.

HPLouis

Established Member
Agree...change the air intake. Also I'd check your plug gap and close it down some if you haven't done that yet. The graph looks like you might have some spark issues. You should be around 440-470

At that power level octane is not the issue imho. You can make way more than that on 87.....

Thanks. I should change the plugs anyway. They were put on the car in 2015 so it's about due for a change.

What about the FP cycle? Should I be worried about that? I remember reading that 80% is where I should be worried and it's hitting 100%?

HPLouis

Established Member
Can you guys tell me if I'm being paranoid.

Listen to the dynes for the coupe and the convertible. There is a whine on the coupe's dyno that isn't on the convertible, especially on the deceleration after the WOT run. I'm wondering if there's something wrong, or if it's the dyno making noise or the tires. I read that Toyo R888's are noisy so that might be it.

Thanks,
Henry

BMSTNG

Established Member
I'm running basically the same set up as you. I have the billet flow 2.76 pulley along with the billet flow idlers, Stock maf, stock injectors. The difference I have is the JLT next gen RAI, Magnaflow catted x pipe and Borla stingers. I'm making 447 hp and aroung 477 tq on a mustang dyno, which people say the numbers will be on the lower side. I have since added a Accufab throttle body and plenum which has made the throttle response night and day but haven't had it on the dyno since. I feel this is where you should be. You definitely need to get rid of that sock air intake. Your stock maf should be just fine for your set up along with your stock injectors. I have a Jon Lund tune in the car. Hope this helps you out. GL

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Possibly have belt slip? The hp seems to fall flat from 5300-5500rpm.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
That’s all the eaton has, larger injectors, maf, you might get a few more hp. Torque is down low, hp is on top where the eaton drops off. Love it or list it.

HPLouis

Established Member
I'm running basically the same set up as you. I have the billet flow 2.76 pulley along with the billet flow idlers, Stock maf, stock injectors. The difference I have is the JLT next gen RAI, Magnaflow catted x pipe and Borla stingers. I'm making 447 hp and aroung 477 tq on a mustang dyno, which people say the numbers will be on the lower side. I have since added a Accufab throttle body and plenum which has made the throttle response night and day but haven't had it on the dyno since. I feel this is where you should be. You definitely need to get rid of that sock air intake. Your stock maf should be just fine for your set up along with your stock injectors. I have a Jon Lund tune in the car. Hope this helps you out. GL

Thanks. The torque is fine but the hp is 40 off. The only difference is the JLT RAI. I’m wondering if it’s the stock intake choking it off. I know it’s restrictive but damn.....40HP!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HPLouis

Established Member
That’s all the eaton has, larger injectors, maf, you might get a few more hp. Torque is down low, hp is on top where the eaton drops off. Love it or list it.

Oh, ok. HP is up too so I’ll need better breathing for that. Maybe that’s where a JLT will help me out? Maybe the car is running out of breath at higher rpms with the stock intake, snorkel and paper air filter?

BMSTNG

Established Member
Thanks. The torque is fine but the hp is 40 off. The only difference is the JLT RAI. I’m wondering if it’s the stock intake choking it off. I know it’s restrictive but damn.....40HP!?!?

Yea your not going to make up 40hp with the jlt but you may get 20 to 25 hp so there's half of it and I know the x pipe will flow better than the h -pipe may not be much hp but it all adds up

HPLouis

Established Member
Yea your not going to make up 40hp with the jlt but you may get 20 to 25 hp so there's half of it and I know the x pipe will flow better than the h -pipe may not be much hp but it all adds up

Do you have an off road pipe? Mine is catted.

Users who are viewing this thread