O/R Longtubes w/gt500 axlebacks?

chevybeater

Established Member
So Im planning on installing o/r longtubes and adding gt500 quad tip axlebacks, has somone done this and is there any videos of this setup on the sound ? Really interested on how it sounds

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

calebdnehus

Established Member
I've seen a guy on Mustang6G do the quad tips on an S550 mustang. Pretty custom as I think he had to cut out his valance to make them fit. I'm not sure if the roush or gt350 valance would fit them or not but I'd say you'll more than likely have to cut your own opening to fit them on your stock valance. I had an offroad h pipe on my 13 with GT500 single tips and it sounded mean as hell. I wouldnt imagine your setup sounding much different. Maybe a little deeper

calebdnehus

Established Member
Not of that car, I never really drive hard like that in my mustangs. Haha. Not unless I've got a camaro trying to run me. I have a custom h-pipe and gt500 single tips on my 17 right now. My dad ordered me a full exhaust for my birthday so I'll be taking my current set up out if you want that sound that will just bolt in I can sell it to you for pretty cheap because I've got just over 500 in it. Only problem is that I had it all welded so it would need to be picked up with a truck possibly. I could meet you half way somewhere if you want it. I'd rather do someone a favor than just leave it sitting at my house. Its a great sounding exhaust

chevybeater

Established Member
Im looking for quads, Im entertaining offers right now but I really appreciate it your offer, Im sure you're not going to have any issues moving them out fast because it does sound pretty good!!!

What exhaust did you get?

calebdnehus

Established Member
No problem man. My dad got me a full setup pairing kooks long tubes with corsa sport catback. Should be getting it put on soon, I'll tackle the catback myself but I'll have a friend of mine lead the way on the headers.

I've got a 13-14 quad tip sitting in my office right now. I was looking for a set for my 13 but never found it. Its the driver side

chevybeater

Established Member
No problem man. My dad got me a full setup pairing kooks long tubes with corsa sport catback. Should be getting it put on soon, I'll tackle the catback myself but I'll have a friend of mine lead the way on the headers.

I've got a 13-14 quad tip sitting in my office right now. I was looking for a set for my 13 but never found it. Its the driver side

I did end up gettin a gt500 exhaust. You only have one side?

chevybeater

Established Member
IMG_0322.JPG
Finally got my headers installed and turned out great!!

calebdnehus

Established Member
I think ill cut the stock valance for now, I dont like the roush and anything that looks nicer costs over 1k, hope the 2018 quad tip valance is gona fit, looks real nice

I'm hoping to use the '18 valance with my current setup, I'll be able to buy dual tips and just swap them in place of my current single tips if the valance fits. The only problem I see with using the old GT500 quads is that the tips may stick out further than usual on these S550 cars. I had the single tips and they stuck out further than normal in my opinion. It was bad but me being a perfectionist, was about to notice they poked out a little further

Users who are viewing this thread