OEM Rear view mirror with outside air Temp gauge and interior lights for vert

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Ok maybe Im getting old but when we drive around I'd like to have a rear view with the air temp gauge. The verts have interior lights on the bottom. Every other ford I lookeed to take the mirror from wont work due to no interior lights. I was wondering if anyone else has seen a ford mirror with the air temp and lights on the bottom?
I thought maybe the T-bird did but the year I checked didnt. Has anyone else done this mod an found a rear view Ford mirror that fits the bill. Actually even though I didnt want aftermarket I looked and found none had the interior lights on the bottom.
I would like to keep it ford product. Thought maybe someone seen something that will work. Thanks for any help, I did use the search function but didnt find anything

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Great site thanks this looks like the light I had found before but it doesn't have the interior lights on the bottom that I've been seeking that convertibles have.
I would have thought for sure some Ford Explorer or some other model SUV would have had the interior lights in the bottom of the mirror with the temp gauge

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Always dig seeing my site get some props, and glad to share all the info (which took many years to accumulate)! In any case, I don't spend a ton of time on forums in any more (well, other than my 40+ page Aluminator build) since I'm always tinkering with my Terminator site as well as the thermostat one.

As for the mirror, it is a great mod, but they can't be had with the with convertible map lights, unfortunately (at least in the case of the Ford Accessory versions). The part numbers are on the 2003 and 2004 lists at the bottom of my SVT Documents page, as an FYI.

It's definitely a nice mirror, especially with the auto-dimming feature. The compass comes in handy, but it's just a back-up since most of the new media head units have GPS. Another bonus is the ability to tap on to the plug to power a radar detector when you have it hanging up there on a BlendMount - always good when there are less cords!

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I feel the need to point out that none of the solutions listed so far help the OP with a VERT!... I too would like to see a solution or an equivalent mirror from a different car - but as an owner of a vert myself - the mirror needs to have the map lights as part of the package.

Users who are viewing this thread